Page 104 of 255 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2548

Thread: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: WoW locking up after 7.10 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by posterberg View Post
    People in different sources suggest that one try this in xorg.conf in the driver section.

Option "Capabilities" "0x00000800"
    Option "UseFastTLS" "0"
    Option "KernelModuleParm" "locked-userpages=0"

It is supposed to solve sudden hangs with the fglrx driver. I haven't had those problems myself but I hope it can help you!
    I use an nvidia card, I thought fglrx was an ati/amd thing, I could be wrong though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Höek View Post
    Switching off Vertex Shaders really works. Everything is rendered now.
    Unfortunately frame rate is really low without this option.
    With 8.40 I get between 20 and 30 FPS, qiet playable.
    But with 8.42 and without vertex shader I get around 5 FPS...
    ...and I hoped to get an increase in frame rate with the new driver.

I'm wondering why some of you really seam to have this increase. What am I doing wrong?
    I seem to suffer from the same problem as you do if I run in fullscreen mode. It works perfectly well when I run in windowed mode.

I also have some problems if Compiz fusion is active when I play. Still good FPS but the screen blinks. So I switch to metacity before I start the game.

I have no idea if everything works better with the old driver and Xgl but I prefer not installing Xgl so I have nothing to compare with.
    ---
    Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: WoW locking up after 7.10 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
    I use an nvidia card, I thought fglrx was an ati/amd thing, I could be wrong though.
    You are right, fglrx as ATI. Sorry about hte misunderstanding and for not being able to help.
    ---
    Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!

Beans

Re: Running World of Warcraft with Compiz Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by thegnark View Post
    Compiz (on Gutsy) requires "ati" driver
    World of Warcraft pretty much requires "fglrx"

Any way to resolve this at the moment without toggling the driver and rebooting? I have no problem turning off Compiz effects before starting up games, but the frame rate is far too low to be playable - the login screen barely loads)
    http://www.formatds.org/ati-8423-is-out-aiglx-support/

For compiz to work do the following:

sudo gedit /etc/xdg/compiz/compiz-manager

and add the line

WHITELIST=”nvidia intel ati radeon i810 fglrx”

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Running World of Warcraft with Compiz Fusion

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Hi,

I'm trying to apply the 2.2.0 patch, but when I run it in Wine, it says 'Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space'.

I have 11.2 GB of free space on my root partition, but my WoW install is on a ext3 partition on my external hard drive (all my partitions are on it), with 215.7 GB of free space.

Could this be because my home partition (where wine's C:\ drive is), only has 190.3 MB free?
    -Vertimyst

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Please Help with World Of Warcraft (Sorry I know theres lots of threads)

Ok so I kinda got World of Warcraft running when I hat Feisty but I had to do a Fresh install for Gibbon so I had to re install wow aswell. (didnt back it up. Anyways let me get to the point. I installed wow easly again then made a Config.wtf file (because thats the only way I could get the movies to stop making the game crash) So when I use Open Gl mode Wow is very slow, So I played around with my config and just decided to remove the OpenGl line. This worked and the game ran (or just the first screen) without the lag I had before and I thought everything was fixed, so I proceded to log in. when I loaded up my character everything was going fine but then as the loading screen got to 100 percent it did not go into the game world I was forced to force quit the program. Any Ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for any and all replies.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Please Help with World Of Warcraft (Sorry I know theres lots of threads)

You sure you have the correct graphics drivers? do other OpenGL programs work without lag?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm not sure which programs use open gl But I play Alein Arena and I think thats OpenGl, but is there any way to make the loading screens work because not having anything enterd in that line makes it less laggy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I have the same exact problem. Direct3d and wine worked fine in 7.04 but now I can't get it past the loading screen and desperately want to. I don't have many FPS issues with using opengl but experience severe mouse lag with it, and other people have reported using D3D solves this problem because you can enable hardware cursor.

Page 104 of 255 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast