Page 103 of 255 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2548

Thread: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Quote Originally Posted by posterberg View Post
    I have the same problem. The WoW log in screen looked the way it is supposed to look before I applied the Burning Crusade update. My screen looks exactly as the one posted above after installing Burning Crusade.
    I have tried fiddeling alot with Config.wtf without success.

Running latest ATI prop driver, not using XGL. Compiz Fusion turned off so it is pure Metacity but nothing seem to resolve this....

Any suggestions are most welcome!
    SOLVED!

Start the game, log in all the way to the game, bring up the configuration dialog and select video option.

Check the attached jpg for setup...

I still have better performance in windowed mode for some reason but I'll crack that one later ;o)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---
    Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oni5115 View Post
    Just wanted to post a thanks. I was having issues using the current Ubuntu wine 0.9.46 on Gutsy, while using Compiz-Fusion. Everything ran fine, until I switched workspaces, and the game would disapear (though the process would still be running O.o ).

Running in windowed mode and setting a keyboard short cut to switch to full screen mode works perfectly.

Now to get Ventrillo working...
    What I did, which was a little different, was to go into the video options while in-game and check both "Windowed Mode" and "Maximize". After that it works great.

YMMV

Beans

SOLVED!

Start the game, log in all the way to the game, bring up the configuration dialog and select video option.

I still have better performance in windowed mode for some reason but I'll crack that one later ;o)
    You mean this will solve the problems with the new fglrx 8.42 ?

With the new driver, all charecters and many objects where not rendered. So I switched back to 8.40.

I'm just asking to be sure and not have to reinstall 8.40 again...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Höek View Post
    You mean this will solve the problems with the new fglrx 8.42 ?

With the new driver, all charecters and many objects where not rendered. So I switched back to 8.40.

I'm just asking to be sure and not have to reinstall 8.40 again...

Yup, that problem... ;o)

Just make sure to exit the game and re-start after changing anything in that dialog. The changes wont work until restart. There is a slight risk that you need the WoW plugin "ApplyToForehead" also. I installed it so I don't know if this will work without it. It's supposed to prevent WoW from freezing after changing stuff in the above posted config dialog.

Good Luck!

/p
    Last edited by posterberg; October 28th, 2007 at 04:35 PM.
    ---

Beans

Question WoW Freezes ~15 sec after entering the world

So, I've just installed Ubuntu 7.10, updated the system, installed wine and also the resticted ATI drivers.

I've followed the HOWTO that's stikied on the forum and made all the changes thats needed in order to get it working. I dident install WoW from the DVD's but had a fresh copy on my Server thats updated and without any addons ( basicly a fresh installation ) so copyed that to my laptop that im trying to get wow running on.

I don't have the slightest clue on whats wrong, all I know is that its Wine/WoW that freezes and locks the system but If i have XMMS running with Music then the music dosent stop when the game freezes.

Anyone have a solution on this ?

The System is: Lenovo T60 - T5600(1.83GHz), 1GB RAM, 80GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1400x1050 LCD, 128MB ATI Radeon X1400, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11abg wireless, Bluetooth/Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, Fingerprint reader, 9c Li-Ion batt.
    Last edited by BombeNissen; October 28th, 2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Added System specs

Beans

SOLVED!

Holy crap it actually worked! AND my FPS is way up compared to 8.40!

Thanks a bunch, this is awesome.

Now to fix the AIGLX+Compiz=slow Firefox problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

WoW locking up after 7.10 upgrade

I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 7.10. I am now experiencing complete system freezes while playing WoW. I can play for sometimes hours at a time, and then it will just completely freeze my system. I experience this using both cedega and wine, in either opengl or d3d mode. All of my drivers are up to date and for the life of me I can't figure out what is causing this. Please! Any suggestions?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Holy crap it actually worked! AND my FPS is way up compared to 8.40!

Thanks a bunch, this is awesome.

Now to fix the AIGLX+Compiz=slow Firefox problem.
    Works Excelent, thanks for the help!.

Beans
    Distro

Re: WoW locking up after 7.10 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
    I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 7.10. I am now experiencing complete system freezes while playing WoW. I can play for sometimes hours at a time, and then it will just completely freeze my system. I experience this using both cedega and wine, in either opengl or d3d mode. All of my drivers are up to date and for the life of me I can't figure out what is causing this. Please! Any suggestions?
    People in different sources suggest that one try this in xorg.conf in the driver section.

Option "Capabilities" "0x00000800"
    Option "UseFastTLS" "0"
    Option "KernelModuleParm" "locked-userpages=0"

It is supposed to solve sudden hangs with the fglrx driver. I haven't had those problems myself but I hope it can help you!
    ---

Beans

Yup, that problem... ;o)

Just make sure to exit the game and re-start after changing anything in that dialog. The changes wont work until restart. There is a slight risk that you need the WoW plugin "ApplyToForehead" also. I installed it so I don't know if this will work without it. It's supposed to prevent WoW from freezing after changing stuff in the above posted config dialog.

Good Luck!

/p
    Switching off Vertex Shaders really works. Everything is rendered now.
    Unfortunately frame rate is really low without this option.
    With 8.40 I get between 20 and 30 FPS, qiet playable.
    But with 8.42 and without vertex shader I get around 5 FPS...
    ...and I hoped to get an increase in frame rate with the new driver.

I'm wondering why some of you really seam to have this increase. What am I doing wrong?

Page 103 of 255 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast