Thread: Ubuntu Gutsy Release Party in Indianapolis- Saturday, October 20th

Beans

Ubuntu Gutsy Release Party in Indianapolis- Saturday, October 20th

I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier. So much activity happens on the mailing list and I keep forgetting to cross-pollinate over to the forums.

*Ahem!*

In honor of Gutsy's Release on Thursday, October 18, 2007 we're having a team dinner on Saturday, October 20, 2007 in Indianapolis starting at 7:10 PM at the [WWW] Claddagh Irish Pub at 3835 E. 96th Street in Indianapolis.

That is all, well not quite...

Really, though, people, if you can make it, please do. There's going to be a great turn out, plenty of people have already said they're showing up, geeks and non-geeks, boys and girls, so it's going to be a bunch of Ubuntu fun for the whole family.

And.

I'm bribing.

The Ohio LoCo Team was generous enough to give me a handful of totally professional looking aluminum "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers that are nice and shiny and begging to end up on your computer. I'll be divvying these up at the party, so be sure to show up. If you show up with an Ubuntu powered laptop, you'll get it branded on the spot above and beyond any stickers you might get.

Hope to see you there!

P.S. I've been doing a crummy job of cross-pollinating. If anyone who is on the mailing list, but is more active on the forums than I am, would like to take responsibility for simply posting announcements and important information over to here so the forum members don't feel left out, you'd be doing the team a great favor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Ubuntu Gutsy Release Party in Indianapolis- Saturday, October 20th

Have a great time at the party, you guys. I'd love to be there, but I've already had an expensive month. Plus, I'm worn out.

Plus, I'm gonna go see Bob Dylan and Elvis Costello here in Bloomington on Friday, which will make me more broke and more worn out by Saturday.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by simon.a.ruiz View Post
    The Ohio LoCo Team was generous enough to give me a handful of totally professional looking aluminum "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers that are nice and shiny and begging to end up on your computer. I'll be divvying these up at the party, so be sure to show up. If you show up with an Ubuntu powered laptop, you'll get it branded on the spot above and beyond any stickers you might get.
    Can you provide a contact name for these stickers? I would like to purchase a couple. I need to cover a couple of case badges that are no longer accurate.

Beans

I actually think I may have some how snared a sheet at the ohio linux fest...

Let me look and see if I have any, if so if anyone wants some I'll give my spares away.

No need for me to horde them.