Thread: Spin off Mag

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Spin off Mag

Hi Everyone

First a little bit of groveling, i think you guys are making a fantastic job of producing a very informative and interesting mag that has some really top stuff in it, keep up the good work.

Now an idea: As a linux user i am sort of missing some of the games that i could play on *******, and obviously we arent quite there with Wine yet, but getting there, so i think that a good idea would be to have a seperate spin off mag that focused on the freely available linux native games, which could include, previews, reviews, interviews with developers, hints, tips, install guides for the tricky ones and so on.

I think you would get a rather large following of people to the spin off mag.

keep up the good work, carry on

Adam
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates

www.fearfulsilenceairsoft.co.uk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Spin off Mag

Quote Originally Posted by adwatkin19 View Post
    ... that focused on the freely available linux native games, which could include, previews, reviews, interviews with developers, hints, tips, install guides for the tricky ones and so on.
    It's an ok idea but things like game reviews, installs etc are more than welcome in Full Circle, we just need people to write them!

If your a bit of a game fan, feel free to write up some reviews/installs and we'd be more than happy to include them in future issues...

Glad you like the mag...
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Spin off Mag

must say I love the mag as well and get impatient a few days before release!!!

A games section or mag I think would be great. I do feel (possibly a bit wrongly) that that is one area that linux fails a bit atm. gaming is one of the few reasons I still dual boot (other is visual studio and C#).

Keeping people upto date on techniques, ways of doing things, the games, free or Not being available or portable to linux is important.

I hear ya about having the writters and to that end I can not help as I know NOIT about this.

But as a reader I would love to read about it (wants cake and eat it statement)!

GL and thanks
    Compaq HP Proliant 5500 quad 550MHZ 500MB cache 1.5GB Ram
    Shes my baby but doesn't she make a Load of noise!!!
    www.houseofhawkins.com - My development site with bits and bobs on