Page 39 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Gutsy!!!!11 11 1 1 one

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Countdown To Gutsy!

just a little thing guys, if u install check4change http://check4change.mozdev.org/ and open http://releases.ubuntu.com/gutsy/ and highlight the "The release candidate is no longer available..." text, rightclick and choose check4change u can have it check for u every x min/sec and display a notification when the page has changed, in the check4change preferences theres also an option to play a sound when this happens. this sound is located in ~/.mozilla/firefox/XXX.default/extensions/check4change-owner@mozdev.org/chrome/content/change.wav and can be replaced by any wav of your choice

so u can go to pick a loud sound, turn up the volume and go to bed and if ur pc isnt too far away from bed you can hear when gutsy hits the servers
    hardy 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by dangerpl View Post
    Or even better, have a seperate box just for testing But poor college students can't always afford that lol i know I can't...
    I did have one of those until my mate fried his PC, so had to lend it to keep him amd his son happy.

Am about to set up a test server - I just do not seem to learn it is going to be Server 2003 with Exchange 2007 (trial) and Ubuntu server (set to mail server0 Dual boot and I will add Server 2008 (trial) as soon as i get a copy.

I tried some thing like this a month or two ago.

Must be a sucker for punishment.
    "The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 17484"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Scroobytec View Post
    I have found the best thing to do is have a free HDD (40 Gb) in my Desktop just for the test releases - saves all the hassles when something goes wrong. To recover you change the boot order trash the test drive partitions and install again.
    Im doing that. I have one HDD for Vista, one for testing, and one has my old feisty on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down gutsy release???

how long before gutsy is released?
    does anyone know?
    hurry up!!!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu version 7.10 - Gutsy Gibbon - 10/18/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Magnus View Post
    Isn't UTC time thr same as GMT?
    1 hour behind GMT i think.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: gutsy release???

Gutsy? That's old hat now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by jamesford View Post
    just a little thing guys, if u install check4change http://check4change.mozdev.org/ and open http://releases.ubuntu.com/gutsy/ and highlight the "The release candidate is no longer available..." text, rightclick and choose check4change u can have it check for u every x min/sec and display a notification when the page has changed, in the check4change preferences theres also an option to play a sound when this happens. this sound is located in ~/.mozilla/firefox/XXX.default/extensions/check4change-owner@mozdev.org/chrome/content/change.wav and can be replaced by any wav of your choice

so u can go to pick a loud sound, turn up the volume and go to bed and if ur pc isnt too far away from bed you can hear when gutsy hits the servers

thank u bro thes will help
    day after day i love to be with ubuntu all the way
    and i hate win xp to stay
    and that what i love 2 say

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: gutsy release???

old hat?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Ubuntu version 7.10 - Gutsy Gibbon - 10/18/2007

Hey all just got home from workr to get in line and wait. I was wondering if there would be a thread like there was for fiesty and low and behold here it is.I think I got in line about post 100 on the fiesty thread and I see I am about in the same spot this time around.Maybe the wait will not be as long this time around.
    Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712 Laptop with Hardy 32bit.Yes it has ATI chipset and yes suspend works

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jamesford View Post

Awesome, nice tip!
    Desktop: AMD 4200 64+ X2 - 4GB ram - nVidia 8600GT (512mb ram) - Ubuntu 8.04 / Win XP (Games) - Mac Mini - CD 1.6ghz - 1GB RAM - 80GB HD
    Laptop: MacBook Pro - 2.4ghz C2D - 15.4 glossy - 200GB HD - 4GB RAM

Page 39 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast