Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Website

Beans

Lightbulb Team Website

Background
    So we are an Officially Approved LoCo Team now. With that comes the ability to use a sub-domain of ubuntu-us.org. We have been given http://kentucky.ubuntu-us.org and http://ky.ubuntu-us.org (both point to the same location) and we already have http://ubuntu-kentucky.org (seperate from the other two and hosted by us). At this time it is hosted by Ubuntu. We are waiting now to see if they can make a DNS change and point to a server that we own so that it would be easier for us to maintain. Right now the site is using Drupal and has the Ubuntu theme applied to it.

Question
    What would you like to see on the website? How should we use it? Remember that it will need to be Ubuntu specific and appropriate. Here are a few ideas that I have come up with / seen.

• Allow blog posts
    • Create our own Planet
    • Host meeting logs
    • Do a frapper map of Kentucky to show where we all are

What can you come up with that would be cool and maybe unique?
    Thanks,

etank

Beans

Re: Team Website

Like the idea of the Frapper Map.
    Also team meetings log as i have other engagements on meeting nights so never get to attend them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'd like to get involved with this also, as my schedule permits. I'm a newbie here, but I'd like to start contributing more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Churnd View Post
    I'd like to get involved with this also, as my schedule permits. I'm a newbie here, but I'd like to start contributing more.
    Hi Churnd! We would love to have ya!! - Welcome!!
    Kentucky LoCo Team Links: Wiki | Forum | Launchpad | Mailing List | freenode:#ubuntu-ky-us

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Well, work is progressing on the web site (http://www.ubuntu-kentucky.org). I have been trying to find an image that says Kentucky and blends well with the site theme. And our plan is to choose several that rotate. Here are some of the ones I have done so far: (Please keep in mind that the borders around the image are there to blend into the theme)

Tell me what you think! And we are open to any other ideas as well!
    Last edited by bkingx; May 2nd, 2007 at 03:32 PM.
    Kentucky LoCo Team Links: Wiki | Forum | Launchpad | Mailing List | freenode:#ubuntu-ky-us

Beans

I like all of those. Now to get the piece of code that can do a random pick of those images to display on a refresh.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Maybe you could get a picture of the Lexington or Louisville skyline to include in that rotation? The map sounds very cool and I like the idea of a blog for team members (dibs on a Linux games blog. XD).
    Vision without action is a daydream.
    Action without vision is a nightmare.