Thread: Greetings from Lafayette

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Greetings from Lafayette

I just wanted to drop in, say hello and introduce myself.

I've been around since the VIC-20 days, but I only discovered Ubuntu/Linux about 30 days ago. It's certainly been an interesting month, but I've managed to wipe Windows off one computer to go with a full Feisty install which I've just successfully upgraded to Gutsy. My primary computer is still using a Wubi-installed Feisty, but I'm preparing to do a full Gutsy install on that one as well.

I hope I will be able to gain enough Ubuntu experience to be able to help others as much as I've been helped these last few weeks.

Beans

Re: Greetings from Lafayette

Awesome. Welcome aboard!

I, erm, don't think it's been announced on the forums, yet, but we're having a celebration this coming Saturday to commemorate the release of Gutsy Gibbon.

More information at: <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianaTeam#head-33657a182dc0f5ba9d53cb9424def313da422b44>

I think I'll drop an announcement on the forums, just in case it's not too late!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Welcome, Mike!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I hope you will all have a good time at the Claddagh this evening. I tapped my budget a bit harder than I should have last weekend, at an Irish pub here in Lafayette. As a result, tonight's big do is out of the question. And a pint of Guinness would really taste good this evening, too. Ah, well, an old duffer like myself would probably be out of place anyway.

Beans

Ah, well, maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike54 View Post
    Ah, well, an old duffer like myself would probably be out of place anyway.
    Nonsense!