Thread: Eve online under wine problems

Beans

Eve online under wine problems

heya to all linux experts need some help here my wine installed proeprly but i run my eve online client it show black scree but sound is working can anybody help how to run normal eve online in ubuntu 7.10....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Eve online under wine problems

This doesn't really answer the question, but there is a Linux native Eve client currently in beta testing. You might want to wait for that to be released, rather than mess with running the Windows client through Wine.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Myronray View Post
    heya to all linux experts need some help here my wine installed proeprly but i run my eve online client it show black scree but sound is working can anybody help how to run normal eve online in ubuntu 7.10....
    first thing you gotta do , is take the arial font from any word processor ( you can find it in the word's file) and put it in the c-drive that wine creates , i think its : drive c - windows - fonts

Code:
    /home/(username)/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts
    then go to :

Code:
    /home/(username)/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/(user name)/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/settings
    and open the perfs.ini and write on top : audio=0

now it should run

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cogadh View Post
    This doesn't really answer the question, but there is a Linux native Eve client currently in beta testing. You might want to wait for that to be released, rather than mess with running the Windows client through Wine.
    The client in testing is not native but using Cedega.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You don't need Cedega to run it, it includes the necessary Cedega components within the Linux client, so it will run natively, just not directly natively. I guess you could call it a semi-native port. Either way, it is a version of Eve that will run natively out of the box, without the need for Cedega or Wine.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans

I have eve running in wine using gutsy and it worked first time. I have moved the arial fonts over to the right directory and I am having problems with it. One of the problems that I am having with the game is reading the fonts. They are quite blurred and sometimes I get various ingame icons in the place of charectors and words. The other problem that i am having, I am using an ATI Radeon X1650 video card. Once I installed the XGL driver to run Compiz, the game started running extremely slow. Like 1.2 fps. I have removed compiz and the xgl driver but that has not fixed the slowness. I really do not want to reinstall ubuntu as is standard in windows. Does anyone know how to undo all the changes made to the driver by the driver? I am using the driver for the video card that is closed source from ATI. I have also tried reinstalling that and not having any luck. I would love to be able to run compiz and eve at the same time. I am new to linux and so any help will be greatly appriciated.

Beans

thanks all your reply guys and anyway eve online under CCP released cedega together with transgaming at last all eve player happy for there support.

thanks all

myronray