Thread: Need help setting up Wine on Ubuntu x64

Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Need help setting up Wine on Ubuntu x64

So i just got Ubuntu 7.04 like 3 days ago and it rocks (but you know that already) and i want to ditch windows but before i can do that i must get WoW and Steam (along with Half Life 2, portal, CS:S and Team Fortres 2) to work with Wine under Ubuntu x64. I did try installing the 32 bit version of ubuntu but i cant get past the main menu of the installation cd due to some Kernel problem.

anyway i cant get steam to work at all and when i try and load wow i get
    t@unknown:~$ wine c:\\wow.exe
    err:module:import_dll Library DivxDecoder.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\wow.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\wow.exe" failed, status c0000135
    anyone know how to fix this at least and maby drag me in the right direction to geting steam and it's aps to work? i am willing to help gat any info you need about my system (just tell me the command to get it)

thanks in advance
    Last edited by NDT; October 15th, 2007 at 12:52 AM. Reason: mssed up

Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Need help setting up Wine on Ubuntu x64

it should be the same just a different repo
    Tim Nakos
    Ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron beta tester
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 2.0ghz (512 L2 cache) 1GB ram(2x512) 320gb hd (2x80gb[raid 1] 1x160gb) Gigabyte motherboard, nvidia 6200 EVGA

Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Need help setting up Wine on Ubuntu x64

Missing DLL messages like that usually happen when you try to run a game without changing directories to the game's install directory first:
    cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/<WoW directory>/
    wine wow.exe
    Obviously correct the cd path for the actual install path.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM