Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to: upload pictures to Flickr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How to: upload pictures to Flickr

I highly recommend Frogr for uploading to Ubuntu. Its 0.4 release, which came out just a month ago, works just as reliably and well as the official Flickr Uploadr for Mac and Windows. It also includes tag auto-completion.

I tried Postr, but it kept crashing on all my machines; Frogr has been both stable and easy-to-use ever since I've installed it.

Beans

Frogr seems to only have GUI interface from what I see. Still looking for a good auto-mount like solution.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tzoom84 View Post
    Still looking for a good auto-mount like solution.
    Have you tried Conduit? It sounds like it might do what you need. I was able to install and configure it on Maverick without a problem, but I stopped short of attempting a sync, since I don't have a directory that has all my photos in it and didn't want to risk deleting anything.

Beans

hmm. conduit seems pretty slick and easy to use. the big downside for me is I can't find a way to have it run recursively on a pictures directory.

For example I may have a folder /media/pictures, with dozens of subdirectories from different events. When I create a sync in conduit, it forces me to select an album. Then all the files are uploaded flatly to that one directory. Perhaps I'm missing something or there's a workaround ...

Beans
    Distro

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, it looks like you'd have to set up each folder separately in Conduit to get the effect you're looking for. The folks who provide support for Conduit might have some ideas for how to automate it; the Conduit page on GNOME live has info about the IRC channel, mailing list, Google Group, etc.

Beans

Thanks. I contacted the devs and they said it USED to work and that they'll look into it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12