Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you change OOo names?

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Re: Would you change OOo names?

I agree, the names are fine(for now at least). until OOo gets any measurable market share, it should be as easy as possible to use for new users. someone sitting staring at ten different apps in their start menu not knowing WTF they are is NOT a good thing.

once people begin to connect the OOo icons with the apps themselves, the names can be changed to something a little more fun.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by doclivingston
    They may be "boring" but at least the name give you a fair idea of what they do.
    Actually...no. Calc sounds like it should be a calculator program, not a spreadsheet program.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

What is a spreadsheet program other than a massive calculator?

When visicalc was written (long before i was born i believe) it was essentially a university professor's standard mathmatical method. Used to add, subtrack, multiply and divide the number's in the grid.

Though admitedly they can be used for more than math's me and a mate even made a simulation for a game written within a spreadsheet. Very versitile but even than all we were doing was calculating numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12