Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For "Ubuntu Art Team"...or whoever does the wallpaper and stuff for Ubuntu...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: For "Ubuntu Art Team"...or whoever does the wallpaper and stuff for Ubuntu...

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Thread moved.
    =D>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: For "Ubuntu Art Team"...or whoever does the wallpaper and stuff for Ubuntu...

Recurring or not...I think its important to discuss why Ubuntu makes a drab first impression...

Here is another reality check:

Fedora 8 Test 3 Default Desktop:

Ubuntu 7.10 Beta Default Desktop:

As for 80% of the users changing their stuff...Thats not what this thread is about!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sbjaved View Post
    Recurring or not...I think its important to discuss why Ubuntu makes a drab first impression...

Here is another reality check:

Fedora 8 Test 3 Default Desktop:

Ubuntu 7.10 Beta Default Desktop:

As for 80% of the users changing their stuff...Thats not what this thread is about!
    They both look about the same, one's brown, and the other's purple. They both use the same abstract line thing.
    The former asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33
    UbuntuForums member #98464 | Ubuntu Help & Support
    Never run any command unless you understand exactly what it will do. [link]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Yep, they pretty much looks the same, except the colour ofcause.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'm glad I'm not alone in really strongly disliking the brown.

Sad to see that this has been moved to the forum equivalent of the naughty corner, though. Are we not to have a discussion on how a change to the god awful brown theme could give people a better first impression of Ubuntu? Who decided on brown in the first place? Was it "Moneybags" Shuttleworth?

I've half a mind to make a custom Ubuntu with the Fedora artwork, which actually looks like a vaguely professional OS. Could call it "Blubuntu".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Airtime View Post

Sad to see that this has been moved to the forum equivalent of the naughty corner, though. Are we not to have a discussion on how a change to the god awful brown theme could give people a better first impression of Ubuntu? Who decided on brown in the first place? Was it "Moneybags" Shuttleworth?

I've half a mind to make a custom Ubuntu with the Fedora artwork, which actually looks like a vaguely professional OS. Could call it "Blubuntu".
    Go ahead and do as you wish.
    I personally like the Ubuntu default.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Sad to see that this has been moved to the forum equivalent of the naughty corner, though.
    Not a 'naughty corner' by any means. It is, just as the section indicates, a topic that has been discussed many, many, many, many times before!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Airtime
    Who decided on brown in the first place? Was it "Moneybags" Shuttleworth?
    Mark Shuttleworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Airtime
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Blubuntu
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The thread have been move here because it's a "beating a dead horse" thread. No matter how much people yell and scream themself to death the default colour of Ubuntu will not change.
    What looks good and professional is the eye of the beholder, personally I like the brown-ish as it doesn't stress the eyes and give a comfortable working space.
    Why won't they change it to another colour? The answer is simple, when you see the brownish colour everybody knows it's Ubuntu, that's quite unique color. Every other distro uses the same colour scheme more less.

Secondly, please show Mark Shuttleworth a little respect, because you don't like the brown or whatever doesn't give you the right for name callings.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
    Not a 'naughty corner' by any means. It is, just as the section indicates, a topic that has been discussed many, many, many, many times before!
    But this section's really a self-fulfilling prophecy, isn't it?

Whoever runs this forum is fed up with discussions going round and round. So they put up this section in which to put such topics. But by being a special section that less people are likely to click on, they're ensuring that it is a dull circular discussion. New users who might have something new to add aren't nearly as likely to find the topic here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast