Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Handbrake 0.9.1 and Linux GUI alpha available

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New Handbrake 0.9.1 and Linux GUI alpha available

I use this on my Vista box. Very nice quality. I will say though it runs much much slower when trying to compress down to fit on a CD.

Beans

Could anyone give me some detailed instructions on how to install the handbrakeCLI. I can't seem to figure it out. Im using Gusty and am a noob with linux. Thanks in advance!

Beans

I was able to get it working, but it says "HandBrake is reading the DVD, please be patient as this can take up to a minute." That was 20 minutes ago, so I certainly don't trust this yet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Timsy321 View Post
    Could anyone give me some detailed instructions on how to install the handbrakeCLI. I can't seem to figure it out. Im using Gusty and am a noob with linux. Thanks in advance!
    easiest way is to move the binary to /usr/bin/

this command should do it

change directory to where the binary is...like your desktop or something (cd ~/Desktop)

sudo mv HandBrakeCLI /usr/bin/

and then you can just use it by running HandBrakeCLI in a terminal...or you can install the GUI using the instructions in this thread.

and stinky.,...something is wrong..it takes only a second for it to read the DVD for me...do you have the dvd lib files installed? (like libdecss and all that)
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I do most of my ripping on Windows now. Only because I have a set process that works for me. But, I had a couple of questions...

Whats the quality like?
    When creating divx files on Windows, I've had problems getting the audio and video to sync up. Has anyone had this problem w/ handbrake?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

ive ripped a total of like 9 dvds with handbrake so far, havent had any video/audio synching problems

the only realy problem is when you try to rip a non like...commercial dvd. I have this dvd that i bought from this guy who im pretty sure made the dvd in his garage, and dvd:rip wouldent even rip it, and in handbrake it takes like 10 times longer then usual...but it still works

Beans

Thanks for pointing out this app. I'll be sure to try it out once I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Beans

I've tried this before, but it's giving me this error:

** (./HandBrakeGTK.exe:1799): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/neilhuang/Desktop/HBGTK_alpha1/bin/HandBrakeGTK.exe could not be loaded:
    Assembly: gtk-sharp (assemblyref_index=1)
    Version: 2.10.0.0
    Public Key: 35e10195dab3c99f
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/neilhuang/Desktop/HBGTK_alpha1/bin/).

** (./HandBrakeGTK.exe:1799): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'gtk-sharp, Version=2.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'gtk-sharp, Version=2.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: "gtk-sharp, Version=2.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f"

Btw, I've had this same problem with Tomboy Notes... any help on this would be really really great. Mono is giving me headaches

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maxx22 View Post
    Here's what I did to get the GUI going on Gutsy...
    -Download linux binary from Handbrake site
    -Extract then copy HandBrakeCLI to /usr/bin
    -Download HandBrakeGTK from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/handbrakegtk
    -extract, goto extracted directory, goto bin directory, copy HandBrake directory to /home/username/.config
    -chmod 0755 HandBrakeGTK.exe
    -copy the HandBrakeGTK.exe to where ever you want to run it from
    -sudo apt-get install mono
    -sudo apt-get install mono-devel
    -sudo apt-get install gtk-sharp
    -run 'mono ./HandBrakeGTK.exe' to start the gui
    Worked for me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

neilo, it seems from the error that its having trouble finding gtk-sharp...are you sure that is installed?

Beans

Actually I had to reinstall gtk-sharp from scratch, building it from source. After linking it with the environmental variable $MONO_PATH, I got the error to go away. It was a lot of work... gah...

So now I have another problem... running the GUI (HandBrakeGTK.exe) with mono, (already have HandBrakeCLI in usr/bin), I get the main window. All is fine and dandy until I click the "Source" button.

So a window pops up, that's supposed to be like the file open dialogue, but then everything quits with the error message:
    mono: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: undefined symbol: gzopen64

I've googled everywhere and no one seems to have a fix for this. Does anyone have any idea?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast