Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LoCo Meeting in Nashville

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: LoCo Meeting in Nashville

what do u mean mr. Craig.
    "Courage will be your best defense against this evil that marshals before us" Gandalf the white

Beans

I just fouind this while looking through Ubuntu forums. Will there be any more meetings?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

There are meetings happening all the time - everyday. Let me know when you are available and I can help you find something that will interest you.
    Join your a Local Linux User Group or an Ubuntu Local Community Team...
    Purchase your next computer with Ubuntu pre-installed and supported for best hardware compatibility.
    Support companies that support Ubuntu and Linux solutions.

Beans

I have been using Ubuntu since Sept '07, and just now have loaded Alpha 6. I like Ubuntu alot and I am learning more as I use it more. I also like debian but as a noobie that distro will take me time to learn. Waht can a new user of linux do? I hope to gain experience and learn from the pros.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

You're looking to promote Ubuntu, yes? No need to be a technical expert to start getting the word out in your community.
    Purchase your next computer with Ubuntu pre-installed and supported for best hardware compatibility.

Beans

I promote Ubuntu, Linux, and free software every chance I get. What I learn to fix problems with my systems, I pass it on to my friends who use linux and/or Ubuntu. I am currently trying to convince my company to donate their old systems to a group who can use them. I found a site from Murfreesboro, but I can't find it now, that will take older pc's and other hardware and put Ubuntu on them and donate to schools.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Well I'm a techie but I am chalegenged when it comes to code.
    "Courage will be your best defense against this evil that marshals before us" Gandalf the white

Beans

I am a techie too. the last time I did any coding was when I took asembler language in school and that was 20 years ago. I'm now a script kiddy (hope I spelled it right) working with kixstart and VB scripting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Want to hold a LoCo meeting? Post the time and place right here in this thread. Include a discussion topic.
    Might want to also post the same announcement on the LoCo mailing list, too, for more publicity.

Want to set up computers for charities? Find a charity in town with non-profit status that needs old computers.
    There are always companies looking to donate old computers, so they don't have to pay the disposal costs.
    Last edited by matthewcraig; March 12th, 2008 at 04:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Release Party in April

The Hoary release is scheduled for April 8th. Let's plan a release party shortly afterward, maybe the weekend of April 12-13th. Meeting at a restaurant worked pretty well for the Gutsy release party. Any other ideas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast