Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange 7.10 Bugs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Strange 7.10 Bugs

Well, I managed to fix a few of my problems. Firstly, if you install the compizconfig-settings-manager from atp, it'll not only allow you to customize the settings, but it'll make the "Custom" bubble in the appearance manager work and add a little button next to it so you can set it up. To fix my resolution, I simply opened the nVidia manager as root (from the terminal) set up my screen resolution and hit "Save to Xorg conf file" and it worked after a reboot. The recent updates also fixed a few of the sounds, but once I'm actually in, none of the system sounds work. Audio works normally however. And the upsplash still doesn't work. Other than that it's all good.
    See, the problem with the world today is stupidity. I don't think it should be a crime or anything, but what I think we should do is take all the safety lables off everything and let the problem solve itself.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Hi
    Just did my upgrade, and already miss good old Beryl on my feisty Desktop. Compiz started bij repeating the same bug i had a year ago: It made my window borders disappear. Tinkered around with the graphic settings, and have now ended up without eyecandy. But at leasrt my windowborders are back.
    I have an NVidia Geforce 5700 LE, which worked flawlessly on Beryl, but does nothing on Compiz. And something has happened to Firefox also. I get these ugly fonts and choppy graphics like back in 1995.
    I've set my graphics driver to nv, as the nvidia ones didn't do anything good after the upgrade. Hope this helps. And is there eventually any possibility to get Beryl back, as an option? I don't trust Compiz as it lets me down again and again, and seems to be harsh on my old Celeron processor (only 1.8 Ghz).
    Thanks in advance

Beans

Well, I went from the Beta to the RC of Gutsy 32bit. Seems that my little issue with the screen resolution has been corrected. Once I enabled the nVidia driver and restarted the rig, All was well in the world and the prefered res for my monitor was already applied. (That was quick) Cudos to the Dev team..

Compiz-Fusion with it's related issues works as expected, and tho I still think the settings manager should be loaded at install time it looks like that would cause a CD-ISO size problem.

Looks good, Works great, nice and stable for me... (Tho it can't locate my Epson scanner that's not surprising as none of the other distros I've played can either) LoL...

Nice and quick for running Boinc projects too.

Keep squishin those bugs y'all... Looks like this one is a keeper.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Indeed, the latest updated nvidia-glx-new driver works flawlessly. I found that out yesterday. Only problem remaining are the fonts in firefox. I already have set the rss-layout thing in about:config to 0, but that only fixes the size, not the looks. Have now changed my default browser to Opera. Works great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Also seems like the latest update fixed the top bar disappearing issue. For me anyway.
    See, the problem with the world today is stupidity. I don't think it should be a crime or anything, but what I think we should do is take all the safety lables off everything and let the problem solve itself.

Beans

Hahahahhaa!!! I totally missed that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12