Motherboard = Asus K8V
    Video Card = Asus ATI 9800XT
    Memory = 2 sticks of 1GB DDR 3200
    Power Supply = Nspire 400 watt
    Hard Drive = Seagate 250 GB SATA II
    Sound Card = Onboard
    Operating System = Mythbuntu 12.04 64 bit
    Keyboard and Mouse = Wireless PS/2 Logitech keyboard and mouse

Television for viewing = Sansui 32" 720p lcd using VGA connection.

Had to write a custom xorg.conf file to configure ATI card to boot at 720p resolution.

Far from the best front-end, but built with all old hard ware I had laying around. Will eventually upgrade to something more power efficient and quiet.

Beans

Re: Please post your Functional/Non Functional Hardware

Hardware
    Motherboard
    CPU:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57
    RAM:3gb
    Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
    Sound Card:Conexant High Definition Audio
    HD:ST9250827AS ATA Device 250gb
    Remote:
    Tuners:
    TV provider: E.g. canal digital:
    TV signal type: E.g. DVB-S (satellite):
    Mythbuntu Version: E.g. 8.10

Hello,my machine is packard bell amd64, 3gb ram, 250gb hdd and windows vista. i am working on baktrack 5 r2, os : linux 3.2.6 xorg server 2: 1.7.6-2ubuntu7.11. And i have this issue i canīt install geforce 7000m / nforce 600m driver, i try and try diferents drives but the result is all ways the same backtrack (os linux bt 3,2,6) canīt start the startx because they donīt found drivers.So i thing what going wrong and at the cmd prompt try the "lspci" comd,and it his what hapen the operating system donīt recognize the gpu.

[IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-
    PzOAMlOn4_U/USgKfnPbyVI/AAAAAAAAAGM/HFbuxT4C9ak/w932-h266-o-k/geforce.JPG[/IMG]
    on the firts picture on widows vista is (my) gpu working fine, on the secund photo is under linux, they only recognize that vga compatible. until i canīt find the way to the operating system recognize the gpu im done , help me please.
    and by the way congratulations for your being i am already thanks for your know how!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodesmet View Post
    Hardware
    Motherboard
    CPU:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57
    RAM:3gb
    Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
    Sound Card:Conexant High Definition Audio
    HD:ST9250827AS ATA Device 250gb
    Remote:
    Tuners:
    TV provider: E.g. canal digital:
    TV signal type: E.g. DVB-S (satellite):
    Mythbuntu Version: E.g. 8.10

Hello,my machine is packard bell amd64, 3gb ram, 250gb hdd and windows vista. i am working on baktrack 5 r2, os : linux 3.2.6 xorg server 2: 1.7.6-2ubuntu7.11. And i have this issue i canīt install geforce 7000m / nforce 600m driver, i try and try diferents drives but the result is all ways the same backtrack (os linux bt 3,2,6) canīt start the startx because they donīt found drivers.So i thing what going wrong and at the cmd prompt try the "lspci" comd,and it his what hapen the operating system donīt recognize the gpu.

[IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-
    PzOAMlOn4_U/USgKfnPbyVI/AAAAAAAAAGM/HFbuxT4C9ak/w932-h266-o-k/geforce.JPG[/IMG]
    on the firts picture on widows vista is (my) gpu working fine, on the secund photo is under linux, they only recognize that vga compatible. until i canīt find the way to the operating system recognize the gpu im done , help me please.
    and by the way congratulations for your being i am already thanks for your know how!
    1. Install a newer version of mythbuntu (8.10 - are you serious??)

Code:
    sudo apt-get install nvidia-current

Beans

Hardware
    Motherboard: Lenovo Z580 Laptop
    CPU: i5
    RAM: 4gb
    Video Card: Intel HD-4000 Integrated Graphics
    Sound Card: Built into laptop
    HD: Internal plus a Toshiba external over USB 2.0
    Remote: Iphone and Android Apps
    Tuners: HDHomeRun dual
    TV provider: Over the air
    TV signal type: ATSC
    Mythbuntu Version: 0.26
    TV: Vizio connected by laptop HDMI connector

I considered building a small computer for this but could not beat the price of just using a laptop. I was concerned about the integrated graphics but it works fine for my tastes and have never noticed an issue. This Lenovo laptop works great except that it has a bug that makes it slow to boot - not really a problem since it never gets rebooted it is on all the time. The external hard drive is USB 3, but when I hook it to a USB 3 port it will not wake up on a reboot. I connected it to USB 2.0 port and it works all the time. I have not seen any problem when using the HD to record while watching another or while recording two. I can't say that I've ever been in the worse case situation of recording two and watching another, but overall there is no sign of having any performance issue. The laptop is in an enclosed cabinet and does not overheat.

The latest phone apps are great. When my better half got Torc (?) on her iphone, all resistance melted. I have an Android phone and use mythmote and sometimes myth TV android for streaming.

Beans

My Setup:

Backed w/ Frontend in 1 PC:

Hardware
    Motherboard: MSI
    CPU: AMD 965 Quad Core 3.4GHz
    RAM: 4gb DDR2
    Video Card: Geforce 210 PCI-E
    Sound Cardnboard
    HD: 1tb Samsung 7200 RPM
    Remote: Rc6 Came with HVR-2250
    Tuners: 1x HVR-2250, and 2x PVR-500
    TV provider: Bright House
    TV signal type: Cable (only using analog side of tuners)
    Mythtv Version: Running Ubuntu 10.10 with Myth TV installed.

**Note** When I installed the 2nd pvr-500 card my system freaked out and I wound up having to delete all tuners in backend and re-entering them, and had to for some reason change the IP address in the backend, then change back and it all works fine. All 6 tuners record fine even all at once.

Performance: It stutters at the end of a recording a little, especially when recording 6 streams at once. but its only for a few moments.

I recently moved all my /var/lib/mythtv data to my new Ubuntu Server running Samba, it saves all data across the Gigabit networked Server PC with no noticable difference in speed.

Ubuntu Server Hardware
    Motherboard: Asus
    CPU: AMD 6000+ CPU
    RAM: 2gb DDR2
    Video Card: Geforce 210
    Sound Cardnboard
    HD: 4x2TB WD Green Drives (RAID5) using 8gb usb flash drive to boot off of.

Only issue now is I need another 2TB Drive and a PCI-E 8 port Raid controller with passthru support. I am using onboard sata II controllers for MDADM software raid.
    Last edited by grunge09; April 13th, 2013 at 03:32 AM.

Beans

Board: Asus P8Z77-V LX
    CPU: Core i3 3225 3,3 Ghz
    Power: be quiet straight power E9
    Fan: Noctua NH-L9i
    Case: Silverstone La Scala
    Cable Card: SATELCO EasyWatch PCI DVB-C "Basic Edition" with CI-daughtercard (on LIWEST cable provider in linz/austria)
    Harddisk: 2 x WD red 2TB (4 slots left for more storage if needed)

I use only CPU and power supply fan as the whole setup uses a maximum of 38 Watts when playing full HD - Case fans are unnecessary and louder than the rest - now i am below 20 dba which means SILENT

Core i3 integrated graphics plus CPU is enough to play full hd 1920x1080 without any issues - no additional graphic hardware needed(setting OpenGL high quality) - sound out via integrated fiberoptic SPDIF to receiver

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

All systems running mythtv .25.2

1. Firestorm - Kubuntu 12.04.1 64 bit custom build secondary backend/ HD frontend. Main desktop PC and server for various purposes (Main Office)
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 LGA 1155 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7-2600 3.4Ghz CPU
    Kingston Hyper X 16GB PC12800
    180GB Corsair Force Series SATA III Solid State Drive with ext4 partition for root and jfs for the rest.
    250Gb WD Caviar SE SATA (ext4)
    2TB Internal Seagate SV35 Series (for video surveillance)
    2TB Hitachi GST Deskstar (inside USB 3.0 External Fantom GForce shell) - formatted ext4
    HD Homerun Prime 1 Tuner allocated

2. Powergirl - Kubuntu 12.04.2 with myth installed - Custom build Rec Room machine HD Frontend/secondary backend
    Asus A8N-VM CSM Motherboard
    ECS NSG210C-512QS-H GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (socket 939)
    2.5GB PC3200
    Harmony 680 MCE remote with MCE usb IR receiver
    250GB Western digital SATA Hard drive (ext4)
    Hauppage HD-PVR connected to H21-200 DirecTV Receiver via Component and TOSLINK SPDIF In

3. Amazo - Kubuntu 12.04.1 64 bit custom build HD Frontend/slave backend (commercial flagging only), daily use desktop (Secondary Office)
    Abit AN-M2 AMD (7025-630a)
    NVidia Geforce 7025 (onboard)
    X2 4600 (socket AM2)
    2GB PC5400
    250GB WD SATA HD (20GB OS - EXT4, 42GB /home- EXT4, rest for recordings - JFS)

4. Deathstroke - Kubuntu Fileserver 12.04.1 - Master Backend/HD Frontend (Main Office)
    Dell 530N
    FOXCONN G33M02 (G33 + ICH9)
    E2180 Dual Core 2.0Ghz (socket 775)
    Intel GMA3100
    Rosewill RC-219 Silicon Image PCI Express eSata x2 NCQ non-RAID SATA II Controller Card
    Intel Pro 1000 PCIe gigabit nic
    2x2TB Hitachi GST Deskstar (inside USB 3.0/esata External Fantom GForce shell) - (JFS and EXT4 for data and backup)
    1TB SATA Hard drive (Samsung) legacy ext3 drive
    1TB SATA Hard Drive (Western Digital) jfs drive
    1 Seagate Barracude 250GB Hard drive SATA (ext4)
    2GB PC5400

5. Newmyth - Kubuntu 12.04.1 Custom Build Slave backend/HD Frontend (primary recording backend in gym)
    X2 3800 (socket 939)
    2GB pc3200
    Asus A8N-E
    ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/HTP/512M/V2
    500GB Western Digital 7200RPM EX4 for OS
    1TB eSATA 7200RPM drive (recordings - JFS)
    Harmony 650 remote
    MCE usb IR receiver
    HD Homerun 2 tuners
    HD Homerun Prime 2 Tuners

6. Julian - Ubuntu 12.04.1 remote HD frontend/laptop Acer 5520-5155 (Main Office)
    AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 1.8Ghz
    15.4 in TFT active matrix WXGA (1280X800)
    120GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400rpm (Linux partition is all EXT3)
    2GB DDR2 SDRAM - 667.0 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
    Dual boot with Vista

7. Manhunter - Kubuntu 12.04.1 Zotax ZBOX-ID41-PLUS-U Front End Only (Family Room)
    Intel Atom D525 (1.8Ghz Dual Core)
    Nvidia ION2
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    250GB Hard Drive
    Harmony One Remote
    MCE usb IR receiver

8. Mr-Terrific - Kubuntu 12.04.1 Zotax ZBOX-ID41-PLUS-U Front End Only (Theater Room)
    Intel Atom D525 (1.8Ghz Dual Core)
    Nvidia ION2
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    250GB Hard Drive
    Harmony One Remote
    MCE usb IR receiver

9. Blackadam - Zotac Mag HD-ND01 NVIDIA ION Kubuntu 12.04.1 remote frontend (bedroom)
    Intel Atom 330 1.6Ghz
    SPDIF optical to receiver
    160 GB 5400 RPM
    2GB DDR2-800 RAM
    Harmony 720 remote
    MCE receiver

10. Dark-Knight - Ubuntu 12.04.1 remote frontend/Convertible Tablet/notebook Fujitsu T730
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz
    12.1 in Dual digitizer touchscreen (1280X800)
    160GB - Serial ATA 7200rpm (Linux partition is all EXT4)
    4GB DDR3 1066 RAM
    Intel GMA 4800MHD
    Dual boot with Win7 Pro 64 bit

Keyboard Mouse Combos:

I have 1 BTC-9039URF-3, 1 ADESSO WKB-3000UB, 1 Logitech Mini PC dinovo, and 2 IOGEAR GKM561Rs. They all work fine out of the box. Might need to configure multimedia keys.

Performance:

All systems can playback 720p/1080i mpeg-2 encoded content and all 720p/1080p h.264 encoded content that I've thrown at them. My Intel GPU systems do well with playback as well. Acer laptop needed ndiswrapper to get wireless working, and I have the web cam working, but not the internal mic. The Fujitsu Tablet took a little fiddling to get tablet features and touchscreen to work properly. Wireless and camera worked out of the box.

HD-PVR is wonderful for recording HD quality off of my directv box. I connect to the HR21 box via it's network (web) interface to change channels, so no direct serial or USB connection is needed for channel changing.

HDHomerun Prime and HDHomerun work well. All in all this system completely serves my family's needs and then some in every room with a TV/Monitor.
    Last edited by newlinux; January 10th, 2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: A few minor additions/updates
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

First machine:
    Hardware
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX
    CPU: Intel i3-2120

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz
    Video Card: on-board HDMI/DVI
    Sound Card: on-board
    HD: booting from CF recording to NAS
    Remote: none
    Tuners: 2x HDHR dual + Hauppauge HVR 1800
    TV provider: OTA ATSC
    Mythbuntu Version: 11.10

Performance
    For the past year and a half or so, I have been using this as a dedicated backend and have had very little trouble. Every once in a while, I would try to watch something that had been recorded, but it would not play any HD content clearly. I assumed that it was because I was feeding the DVI output through a KVM and to my monitor.

I have just moved this box from my office to my TV (to be used as a combined frontend/backend until I find the funds for a new dedicated frontend) and the only changes made were the addition of a wireless keyboard/mouse combo, the (temporary) disconnection of the coax from the internal Hauppauge tuner and an HDMI connection to my TV. I have found that I can still not output any HD content. I have tried increasing the video memory in the BIOS (see below) but that has not worked. I think I will start a new thread on this subject to see if anybody can help.

Second machine:
    Hardware
    Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M/CSM
    CPU: Intel Pentium G630

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz
    Video Card: on-board HDMI
    Sound Card: on-board
    HD: Seagate 2TB
    Remote: Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo
    Tuners: Hauppauge HVR 1250
    TV provider: OTA ATSC
    Mythbuntu Version: 12.04

Performance
    I have just installed this in my mother's house. It is not connected to the previous machine, although I had originally planned it to be my own (diskless) frontend. It is working as a combined frontend/backend with very few issues. I had some installation issues which I posted about. Also, at the time that I first installed Mythbuntu on that machine, I had no luck with HD playback, so I installed the GPU mentioned in that thread. I then discovered that simply increasing the memory of the on-board video gave me eveything I needed (so I removed the add-on GPU). However, that has not been a solution to the same problem with the other machine.

Brian

Beans

Hardware
    Motherboard: asus p8hh77-i
    CPU: Intel pentium g2120 3.1 Ghz
    RAM: 8.0 GB ram
    Video Card: NVIDIA GT630(gk208), 1GB
    HD: 2 TB seagate, 3TB WD AV-GP, 2TB WD RED
    Remote: Wireless keyboard
    LAN: TU2-ETG trendnet usb to gigabit ethernet ... because i burned-out the ethernet on the motherboard.
    Tuners:
    3x Silicon Dust HDHomerun
    TV provider :OTA HDTA
    TV signal type: ATSC MPEG2

Mythbuntu Version: 12.04,(
    effectively 12.04.3) but upgraded kernal to 3.8 so to get audio over HDMI using the gt630(gk208)

using mythtv 0.27

Performance
    All hardware properly detected and functional. (not sure if the sdpif port works on the h77... have not tried it)
    Had to install nvidia proprietary drivers before able to use HD playback. (vdpau high quality)
    the TU2-ETG was recognized automatically.

all in a fractal designs node304 case, with a seasonic x-400... arctic cooling freezer pro rev 2(no fan)... using only the back case fan on the node 304 on low.
    thus, is quieter than the bell satellite box beneath it.

the gt630(gk208) is the gt630 with the 64bit bus... it is perfect for mythtv. (25 watts max, idles at 5-6 watts) the whole system idles at 43 watts.
    the gt640(gk208) is peppier than the gt630v2, but uses more power because of the power states when watching TV.

i found that the gt610, while you can use VDPAU high quality has a disappointing picture, some sort of "black fuzz" ;
    IMO the gt630(gk630) "the replacement" "blows it out of the water" 5- 6 watts idle power use, whereas the gt610 is 8watts idle.

the gt640 is good, but uses 12 watts idle, the gtx650 is better 12-14 Watts idle power and uses less power playing HDTV because it has 3 power states... the gt640 has 2.
    the gtx650 is a pain because in uses a mini-hdmi port.
    With the advent of the gt630(gk208), the gt640,gtx650 and higher are overkill for mythtv.

Last edited by paulsum2; September 25th, 2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: additional info

Beans

Case - Chieftec Hi-Fi HM03B (hard to get hold of but good looking case)
    Board - Asus P8H77-M PRO Intel H77 Socket 1155 Motherboard
    CPU - Intel Core i3 3220 Ivy Bridge Dual Core Processor - Retail
    CPU FAN - Zalman CNPS8000B Ultra Quiet Low Profile CPU Cooler
    Tuner - TBS PCI-E DVB-T2 Dual TV Tuner Card
    Disk - Western Digital WD20EARX 2TB Caviar Green Quiet SATA 6Gb/s IntelliPower 64Mb Cache 8ms HDD
    PSU - be quiet! BN104 Pure Power L7 350W Power Supply
    RAM - Corsair Memory XMS3 Classic 4GB DDR3 2000 MHz CAS 9-10-9-27 Dual Channel Desktop
    DVD - BDC-207DBK Blu Ray Rom / DVDRW writer from Pioneer
    KB/MSE - Cideko AVK08 Air Conqueror Gaming Joypad & Media Centre Keyboard Combo Wireless
    WEBCAM - Logitech C270 HD Webcam

Started out with Mythbuntu but accidentally upgraded to full Ubuntu 12.04 whilst trying to fix something so I've now manually uninstalled as much bloat as possible back to the original look and feel of Mythbuntu using XFCE + Compton (to prevent screen tear). Took a while, but very happy.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast