Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone on 10.3?

Beans

Re: Anyone on 10.3?

Quote Originally Posted by sstusick View Post
    Is Suse 10.3 final now officially released?
    It is scheduled to release today (Oct 4). But I am still seeing 10.2 downloads in the official site.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by subzero1266 View Post
    It is scheduled to release today (Oct 4). But I am still seeing 10.2 downloads in the official site.
    Thanks.

Beans

I managed to grab the Torrent for it from the Distrowatch weekly news feedback section, I have had the KDE version on my spare computer for a few days and I am impressed with the overall feel and running. Nothing too suprising, but I have not found any problems yet like I did with the pre-release version. The install took hours and hours though (CD version grabs the extra stuff of the internet)
    The funny thing was that I had been running fedora 7 on it and it couldnt access my Ubuntu or windows partitions but Suse found them and gave them there own grub screen sub menu. It was very bizarre seeing ubuntu 6.06 again!!

I used the http://opensuse-community.org/Multimedia page to install the codecs to get things running, though I have heard that mp3's work out of the box through amarok. It was easy to set up though I did need to download the KDE british english package using YAst. (Yast is better but still slower than Synaptic on Ubuntu/debian)

My main PC runs Ubuntustudio that I love using and wont be changing in any hurry, and my main laptop runs Ubuntu 7.04

Looking forward to Gutsy!!
    Last edited by michaeljking; October 4th, 2007 at 01:24 PM.

Beans

I'm downloading via torrent now. hmm... I hope this version is a lot quicker then 10.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The download page is showing 10.3 now. I got it reinstalled and so far it's working great! Much better then before, and much faster this time round. It's really too bad this such a great distro is being ignored by a lot of the linux community due to the whole Novell deal.
    Don't Panic!
    Practice safe text. Never run a command unless you know exactly what it is going to do.
    Ubuntu User #1132
    Linux User #417929

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Using it (Gnome Version) now in Virtualbox, I'm very tempted to install it to my harddrive.

*Thinks a bit

-Where's my blank cd!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Does anyone know how to enable font smoothing for Firefox? It's very irritating that they've changed this setting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrick View Post
    Does anyone know how to enable font smoothing for Firefox? It's very irritating that they've changed this setting.
    Go here:
    http://opensuse-community.org/SubpixelHinting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Oh, thanks.

Beans

I guess I'll download 10.3 and try it. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I didn't have much luck with 10.2.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast