Thread: I believe this was not handled correctly

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I believe this was not handled correctly

Below is the message I received when my post was deleted, followed by my response to the moderator, in turn followed by his.

I do not believe the photo in question violates any of the forum rules. And if this is a matter of someone finding the photo I posted offensive, I would like to point out that I seriously find the first photo in that thread to be extremely offensive, as it depicts the image of a horrific, violent murder / mutilation.

Please, for a moment, think, don't overreact; be human, put the silly photo back. If the photo seems to cause trouble, then be my guest, banish it to all eternity.

Is that asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence
    Hi skillllllz,

The post that you created in the following thread has been deleted

-----
    Post ID: [IMG]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1377/pumpkinbuttug2....
    Thread: Share your favorite Pumpkin Picture!
    Reason: against forum policy
    -----

This is an automated message, please don't hesitate to reply if you have any questions.

Regards,
    The Forum Management

Where in the forum policy does it say I cannot post a comical photo of a pumpkin? It's not nudity, it's not profane. Have a sense of humor... And if this is about someone finding it offensive, then I'd like to tell you that I find the OP's pumpkin photo, which depicts and glorifies murder, to be greatly offensive.

I would expect this kind of moderator behavior at some of the other forums, but not here. Please don't force me to leave. Again, I would like to see that part of the forum rules which that photo violates.
    If you're unhappy about the decision you have the right to complain here; http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: I believe this was not handled correctly

Since the link to the photo in question got corrupted upon posting, I am posting it right here for your convenience:

Beans

I support the action of the Moderator , your post was inappropriate .

The Moderators actions were in line with the Forum Code
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I respect your opinion, but I disagree strongly. Please show me what rule have I broken?

Beans

Rule 6 from the Code of conduct ...

Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialogue, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.

It is considered that your post meet the above . Remember the Forums are not an R18 site .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Once again, I respect your opinion, as it is purely your opinion that the photo in question is "Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity." I however, again disagree. When I (as well as others I have consulted with) look at this photo, we see nothing more than a comical and creative orientation of pumpkins and clothing. Whatever the image appears to represent is clearly left to the observer to decide. The image itself is harmless and implies absolutely nothing offensive, nor is any possible implication directed at anyone or any group(s). So you see, I have a huge disagreement here, and I'm not telling you what to do here, but I will tell you that I am of the opinion that so far the moderators who have responded to this are outright wrong.

Beans

I understand your point of view , and personally I think the pic is funny. But we have to take intio account all our members and visitors.

Also you need to remember that this Forum is the Official face of Ubuntu and Canonical