Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is going on CHICAGO!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: What is going on CHICAGO!!!

Is there an ubuntu team located anywhere in Chicago???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

how do i join this mailing list? I haven't been using Ubuntu for very long(since 8.04 came out) but its been going great.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Melon View Post
    how do i join this mailing list? I haven't been using Ubuntu for very long(since 8.04 came out) but its been going great.
    Hi there, Walter. I'm glad to hear that you're having a good experience with 8.04 so far.

You can join the ubuntu-chicago mailing list from this page: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/lis...ntu-us-chicago

Thanks for posting a note here, and we'll look forward to seeing you around!

Jim

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hello Chicago! <knock knock> Haven't been many posts in here lately.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

No kidding -- I think the group is dead!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ubuntu is NOT dead in Chicago. Linux in general in Chicago is an underground thing. Chicago is notoriously windows based. There are a few shining stars in IL such as Metropolitan Bank Group which has migrated nearly all (if not all by now) of its computers to Linux. Hell, they saved $17K the first year that they used MySQL instead of SQL Server.

*swoon*

I am relatively new to the *nix community, only about a year or so, but a long time computer enthusiast. I am telling everyone I know why to switch to Linux, and I already have convinced at least half a dozen people I know to give Ubuntu a try, and even gave them a copy of Ubuntu with the Wubi installer. Of course they have had questions, but I do my best to give them answers.

Now, back to the subject at hand. Ubuntu users in Chicago, we need to start campaigning. I am asking you all to link back to this LoCo group in your signature if your from the Chicago area. Lets start to raise awareness of this group and set some events up.

I for one would love to help set up an Ubuntu install party. Imagine we advertise for weeks to the general city, especially craigslist and digg, what not that they can come and have Ubuntu installed on their computer for free and even get a free training seminar on the basics of linux. Would be AWESOME!

TTFN

-Razor

Beans

Eh, im from Aurora (SW of Chicago) and Linux is shunned.

Beans

Hello to all...

I just moved into the area for grad school and wanted to say hey. I'm looking forward to upcoming events etc. Take care and I wish you all the best...

-Shmio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123