Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

Beans

Exclamation A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

A new sci-fi mmorpg being developed for Linux !
    it's still pre-beta (beta testing starts in 2 months) but there is a big chance that this game will be free and maybe even open source.

Main page : http://www.forsakensanctum.com/?sid=home
    In-game movies : http://www.forsakensanctum.com/?sid=media&sub=movies
    Gallery : http://www.forsakensanctum.com/?sid=media

and read my little interview here : http://www.forsakensanctum.com/forum....php?p=914#914

If you got more question please ask the developers at their forum !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

Those graphics are look like the ones on the N64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

cool as long as its free, it will be nice to play hehehe ^^

hey I was directed here by MaximB, I am project manager of Forsaken Sanctum. Wanted to give a little more input on the game and be free answer any questions.

First thing is first, as far as the N64 comment...the graphics of FS IMO will easily stand up to many of the indie mmorpgs that are being developed for Linux. At least the ones I seen. But as another note we are more focused around game play than graphics at this point in time.

A little bit about the game....

The main storyline and gameguide is on the website but i will quickly go through it for those to lazy to check it out...hehe I know I can often be...
    Basically in a nut shell the world becomes extremely overpopulated and drained of all its resources. So the world leaders come together and build 4 massive colony ships. Each ship sets out in search of a new planet, after 50 years of floating in space the colonist begin to mutinize and the ships loose course and basically get lost. They do this for a few years until one day they come apon a planet much like earth. They go to send pods to the surface but are attacked by a advanced race of aliens. The four ships all crash apon the surface of the planet. The aliens do not follow onto the planets surface to finish off the humans. The surviving colonist began building cities around the hulls of the massive colony ships, and the next 10 years is filled with war, famine, and encountering other alien races.
    This is where you come in... You start in Magellion city, the city built around the largest colony ship. The world is Sci-fi/fantasy, some have guns some have nothing more than daggers and swords. Various alien creatures roam the planet.

Its a hacked up version of the story but you get the idea.

Here are some Pics, pulled them straight from the N64 this morning..hehehe
    pic of part of magellion city and the ship

The crafting system that is in the works

loading screens and such

Thanx for letting me post about my game. I appreciate it. Looking to forward to hearing comments. I will post updates on it when possible.
    We have Alpha coming up shortly, we had 30 slots available but have well over 100 entries. I will need some Linux clients on the test so I will most likely give away 5 to 10 slots here.

-Halls
    Last edited by Hallsofvallhalla; October 2nd, 2007 at 03:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Looks good. You can't expect comercial quality graphics from a small MMO. As long as the game runs smoothly then there's no problem with the graphics. I look forward to trying this out.
    You don't need a reason to help people

Ubuntu User #15665
    Linux user #450019

Beans

What about gameplay? Will it be like everything else or do you have any new ideas?

New ideas for games are like WOW characters, everyone has one and they think theirs is the shiznight.

We do have some things to set us apart but I wouldnt say we are going to break any mold. We do have a player based economy, what you can buy depends on what the players actually craft. We are moving away from quests, "Go kill me 5 rats and bring back thier tails" "Now go talk to joe bob" BLAH! I hate that.

I am a down to earth gamer that is not going to pretend to be professional and that i have played every game and studied everything about game design. I havent and wont. I have been playing Pen and Paper rpgs for so long I roll d20 before starting my car to make sure I pass the skill check. I am a avid gamer and wanted to build a game that was fun and more like what RPGs should be like. I am not building this game to blow the pants off anyone.

We have various other things that I like as well as other players, player owned property, guild houses, skill based character system...ect...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Sounds awesome, as long as it's fun and entertaining ill play it and hope to support it ^_^ For now ill just settle to posting on their forums

Beans

i know what was meant by the n64 comment, but imo, the graphics are quite good for a free game.
    Linux User #440528
    openSUSE 12.1 x86_64/KDE 4.8.4

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Sounds interesting, I'd rather have decent graphics but excellent content and gameplay than the other way around.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast