Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

Re: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

A person simply doesn't grab ogre and make a MMORPG. It would take years. I work with various genres of games and my technical knowledge is not at the level to take a scratch engine and build a server/client type architecture. It would never pay off in the end. By the time I finished it I would end up with many of the graphics comments I already got. "Its so nintendo 64".

I refuse to work with any Torque engine. Garage Games has become very anti-indie friendly and T3D is not what its cracked up to be. I know because I have personally worked with Torque. It has so many issues. TGE was the last "stable" engine they put out.

I have researched though and it seems my game will run with wine. Don't know if that's a viable option. If it is I promise to do what I can to make it stable with Wine. The Linux community is a great community that has supported several of my Web Browser games. I will do what I can to make this Linux compatible but not promising anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Talking Re: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

There's also the UDK,based on Unreal Engine 3.
    Registered Linux user,number 507113.02-01-2013: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO 785G |Athlon 2 X4 640|4 GiB DDR|1 TiB SATA2|Radeon HD 6570(HDMI)|Realtek 7.1 HDMI audio|Gigabit Lan|Kubuntu 12.10 Quanzal AMD64

I actually have been learning UDK and working on a RPG with it off and on for the past month. I love it.

Beans

Wine just won't do for most Linux gamers.
    If you acknowledge our support in your previous web games you should support as also with this game.

There are many games with native Linux clients so I just don't understand why you use DirectX engine because you cannot find an OpenGL engine that suites your needs - sorry, but I just don't except it.
    If there is the will to make a native Linux client, then nothing can stop you.

I guess you just don't want enough to make a Linux client for your game - that is truly sad, after all the engines I proposed to you in the beginning of the development of "Forsaken Sanctum".

Beans

Some of the screen shots of in-game actions, crafting, etc. look like a very similar set-up to that of Fallen Earth. Which is a small slightly successful, as well as a slight failure mmo that made it to the store shelves and then went F2P.

Beans

Bad NECRO!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Old thread closed.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728