Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

Sounds Great! Good job, guys!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: A new Linux sci-fi mmorpg under development !

The graphics are certainly fine, and as long as they allow for better gameplay I am happy. It's really nice to hear that another game is being made for linux, and I can't wait until I get a chance to test it later! Good luck in the production of the game!

By the way, what is gameplay like? If it is at all feasible, making it something like a faster paced Anarchy online would be addictive as hell. If you make this have actual gameplay (rather than grinding), you will be my hero. I have always hated MMO's for that single fact.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok, the BIG TEST. Am I going to get shut out of ANOTHER mmorpg for Linux? I have Intel 945gm Graphics on my lappy. Pleeeease tell me this will work with it?

Have you folks tested any Intel Linux drivers with this yet? Boy, that would be swell!
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

So glad to see game manufacturers coming out with native linux clients. Just hope the client doesn't disappear somewhere after alpha and before the final release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

looks good... i've been searching for linux native MMOs and the player run economy sounds similar to eve online... i just hope your game wont be quite nearly that addicting
    The box said that I needed to have Windows 98 or better... so I installed Linux
    Need help with shell commands? click
    Need MORE help with shell commands? advanced click

Beans

This is an amazing project and I think you're doing an awesome job. I almost peed my pants @ d20 skill check to start your car. CLASSIC!

If you want any help with ideas for the game just let me know, I would be more than happy to work with you for free and put in some good time. I don't have any real programming skills, so it would just be ideas contributed.

Either way, I am really looking forward to the release. I only recently switched over to Linux and have found that the serious lack of games is a pretty big turn-off. I'm thinking that I'll have to have a windows system just for games, which could get costly.

My major suggestion for preventing suckage is to steer clear of the whole "bad guy good guy" storyline. It's garbage. The best type of games are the ones where you get to play out your characters however you want. Choices. Not simply going through the motions of a pre-determined story line where you are forced to act a certain way. That's hardly fulfilling. Think Fable style games, where you can be a king, a warrior, an evil warlord or a common theif. That's what it's all about. Coming from a D&D background I'm sure you can appreciate the concept.

Wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween from Forsaken Sanctum!
    Watch your kids there are wolves out there!

also sorry for not reponding earlier. We have been in heavy development and it has caused us to lose track of alot of forums and updates. We are having a sucsseful dev server test right now. We are catching all the bugs and fixing them now.

Thanx for all the comments and no I wont forget the linux client I promise. One thing I may have to ask is help from the community. I am not the best with Linux or ubuntu, so when we get to that point I may need a little help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

The project looks promising -- thanks for the information and updates!

I picked up a 8800GTS last week and actually have been regretting it a little because I currently don't have any MMORPGs to play that are able to "grab" me. Yes, there is WoW, but I had played it for over two years and managed to break the addiction in late spring -- and I don't really want to get back into it. (Luckily, it is not as deep as Ultima Online was, which I had played from 1997 to 2002, and still miss today!).

Anyway, please post a note when/if you are looking for beta testers for the Linux client!

This will be my forst stop for picking beta testers for the Linux side of it. I am one of the few that thought wow was a joke to the phrase "Role Playing Game", just my opnion, but it is alot of mmorpgs like that that drove me to start this project, lets put the old school gaming back in Role playing games.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast