Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 543

Thread: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

  1. #491
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    8

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Winchester View Post
    Matt,

    Which version of Nvidia driver is this? Is it in the Ubuntu repository, or was it downloaded from Nvidia?

    Cheers,
    Randy
    I can't remember off the top of my head (I'm at work) - I'm pretty sure it's the latest version. You'll need to allow the nvidia-config tool to create your xorg.conf

  2. #492
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    8

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonofx View Post
    I installed Netbook Remix 10.10 on a TC1100 tonight, and I still haven't seen the Unity interface. Got the wireless working, have been updating, etc. How do i switch to the Unity interface if i want to? I got a message on first startup that i would need to type username:ubuntu with a password I forgot, but have just been using the original ubuntu desktop.
    Unity doesn't work at the moment as it doesn't use Compiz (even though it should still work, there's a bug when using on the TC1100) but will work in the next version of Ubuntu (I found this out the hard way too )

  3. #493
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brussels
    Beans
    65
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Anyone tested the latest 11.04 to see if it's working ?

  4. #494
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brussels
    Beans
    65
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    OR : does someone have a fix to make the pen work on JoliCloud OS ?

  5. #495
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Beans
    10
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Anybody know if the wireless card in the TC1100 works with WPA in linux? I have a TC1100 and a TC1000, and the wireless works with WPA in Windows on both. However, the wireless on the TC1000 doesn't seem to work with WPA in linux, a driver issue. I'm asking because I'm keeping the TC1100 with Windows installed on it, but I'm putting Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook on the TC1000, and if the WPA works with the different model wireless card that's in the TC1100, I'll order one for the TC1000. (Confusing enough?)

    Edit: Guess I could just USB boot the TC1100 and see if the WPA works. Answers are still very welcome, though.

  6. #496
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Beans
    659

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonofx View Post
    Anybody know if the wireless card in the TC1100 works with WPA in linux? I have a TC1100 and a TC1000, and the wireless works with WPA in Windows on both. However, the wireless on the TC1000 doesn't seem to work with WPA in linux, a driver issue. I'm asking because I'm keeping the TC1100 with Windows installed on it, but I'm putting Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook on the TC1000, and if the WPA works with the different model wireless card that's in the TC1100, I'll order one for the TC1000. (Confusing enough?)

    Edit: Guess I could just USB boot the TC1100 and see if the WPA works. Answers are still very welcome, though.
    I'm not sure all have the same wireless card. However the one I have (Intel Pro Wireless 2200 if I recall correctly) works fine with WPA.
    Ubuntu user since 5.10 "Breezy Badger"
    Please share your experience with your Linux Printer!

  7. #497
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Beans
    1,109
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    The wireless card that came with my TC1000 would not do WPA with Windows XP either! My TC1100 has an Atheros card which does work with WPA.

  8. #498
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    12

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Ok a little help please.
    I just installed 10.04 yesterday. Originally it was working ok, but no wireless network. Now it has no network at all! only changes I did were to install GOK, Device manager, and KPackageKit.

    can someone help please.
    I also want to get rid of the password on wake up feature. hard to use when you don't have a keyboard attached :-/

  9. #499
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Beans
    40
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Quote Originally Posted by internetauto View Post
    Ok a little help please.
    I just installed 10.04 yesterday. Originally it was working ok, but no wireless network. Now it has no network at all! only changes I did were to install GOK, Device manager, and KPackageKit.

    can someone help please.
    I also want to get rid of the password on wake up feature. hard to use when you don't have a keyboard attached :-/
    See this http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=453 and maybe a few messages in the thread before it.

    To get rid of the password, uncheck "Lock screen when screensaver is active" in screensaver preferences.
    Randy Winchester
    PO Box 426074
    Cambridge, MA 02142

  10. #500
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    12

    Re: HOW TO: Install Ubuntu on a HP TC1100 tablet pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Winchester View Post
    See this http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=453 and maybe a few messages in the thread before it.

    To get rid of the password, uncheck "Lock screen when screensaver is active" in screensaver preferences.
    tried that and got an error of no such file or directory :-{
    I have the intelpro wireless from the factory (AFAIK).

    I'm still baffled as to why I lost my hardwire connection. Though wireless is the one I really need.

    Looks like the screen saver lock worked.
    Thank you
    Last edited by internetauto; March 22nd, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •