Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Access Motorola phones through USB on Hoary using Moto4Lin

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: HOWTO: Access Motorola phones through USB on Hoary using Moto4Lin

Quote Originally Posted by gorkhal
    hey anyone know...how to retrieve the addressbook (phone book) from your motorola phones?? using moto4lin. More specifically which file stores all that information ??
    hey, id appreciate that info too... i have no idea how to install Kmobile tools, so Id like to back up the phonebook using moto4lin (i have a black RAZR v3) - could anyone help?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks to this HOWTO I have the software installed. I'm just having trouble connecting to my V220. I set up the AT and P2K values given on the V220 page, but I can't connect. I get

Code:
    [info] Phone pluged as AT
    Try to connect
    [info] AT phone found
    [info] Switching device /dev/ttyACM0 to P2K mode...
    [error] Unable to connect
    [info] Phone is unpluged
    If it's an AT phone then should it be switching to P2K?

I initially set up the ACM device as /dev/sda, but got the same result. This is when running as root. When running as a normal user I get even more errors as it cannot retrieve the phone details.

EDIT: I've got it working now. I edited the settings file manually. Now when I run as root it works. I can extract pictures etc. Pretty cool considering Motorola would charge for that facility. The cable for my Canon camera fitted.
    Last edited by steevc; January 29th, 2006 at 05:44 PM.
    Steve bagofspoons.net
    Running on an AMD A86500 with 8GB on a Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H plus SSD, 1TB HDD, M-Audio Delta

Beans

I'm getting a wierd error when I try to save my settings (under root and user)
    QSettings::sync: filename is null/empty
    Is there anyway to go in and edit these settings manually?

Beans

Okay I figured it out.
    In your /home/username/.qt directory there is a moto4linrc config file, directly edit this to change your settings (if they won't change like mine was)
    also there is one in the /etc/qt/ directory but that does not effect the settings for some strange reason, root will use the moto4linrc in the .qt directory instead.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

To the people getting errors when executing the 'make' command, before you issue the 'make' command, you have to issue 'qmake' first, as per the tutorial.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmate
    Okay I figured it out.
    In your /home/username/.qt directory there is a moto4linrc config file, directly edit this to change your settings (if they won't change like mine was)
    also there is one in the /etc/qt/ directory but that does not effect the settings for some strange reason, root will use the moto4linrc in the .qt directory instead.
    what did you change to get rid of the "QSettings::sync: filename is null/empty" error?

Beans

I didn't get rid of the QSettings error, thats why I had to manually edit the file . It works great now that I edited the file directly though. (Thats all the error was saying, the program seemed to create a tmp file and than tried to write the tmp file to your actually settings file and it fails, or at least it was on mine)

Does anyone know how to install java apps using moto4lin? I can copy over the .jar to the kjava folder but the phone doesn't see it in the menu. I tried one with a .jad and .jar file as well but it is still not showing up.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmate
    I didn't get rid of the QSettings error, thats why I had to manually edit the file . It works great now that I edited the file directly though. (Thats all the error was saying, the program seemed to create a tmp file and than tried to write the tmp file to your actually settings file and it fails, or at least it was on mine)

Does anyone know how to install java apps using moto4lin? I can copy over the .jar to the kjava folder but the phone doesn't see it in the menu. I tried one with a .jad and .jar file as well but it is still not showing up.
    For java apps, you do not want to be the File Manager mode. Click on the 'Kjava' button to switch modes, then 'Add' the files there. After you upload each individual java app, 'Update List' and select it on the list and hit 'Set .pat file'. If you do not see the new app on your phone, just turn it off and back on again and it should be there.

Beans

Hi all

i've been crazy all this day

The problem was in the path of the device

here my cfg file of the preference ( in /home/myhome/.qt/moto4linrc )

cfgACMdevice=/dev/ttyACM0
    cfgATproduct=3002
    cfgATvendor=22b8
    cfgAutoConnect=1
    cfgP2Kproduct=3001
    cfgP2Kvendor=22b8

[filemanager]
    cfgAutoExpandDirTree=0
    cfgAutoUpdateFileList=1
    cfgGoLastFolder=0

see: no spaces and no ' ' in the device path.
    ù
    Hope to be usefoul for anyone.

Giorgio aka zero_ from italy

Ciao!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Brewtal
    I've grabbed all the dependencies, and moto4lin from the cvs repository but when I go to "make" the file I'm getting a error.

Code:
    ~/moto4lin$ make
    bash: make: command not found
    Am I missing some other dependency or am I just lucky?
    I had this problem as well.
    However, I don't believe the previous 'solutions' posted here are correct.
    I failed with the previous suggestions but succceded with
    sudo apt-get install build-essential

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...highlight=make

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast