Thread: How to configure the installation CD

Beans
    Hidden!

How to configure the installation CD

Dear all,

I am sure this is not the first time such a question is asked, so, I don't need more than keywords repository names, and a little help. I want to make a custom installation CD of Ubuntu, on which such features are available:

- Open Office Removed
    - Eclipse Installed in /opt/eclipse/
    - Sun Java installed
    - g++ installed
    - Grub is modified to hold windows at the beginning. (I am installing it in a windows lab actually, so I don't want to mess things up a lot for other people)
    - Well, path variable modified to be so and so by default.

After all, I want things such that to be installed on one click. All of the machines are similar, so I don't want to get through the process of repartitioning and so. I need it to be totally automatic. Just entering the machine name and the IP.

Could you tell me how to do that? Well, if there is more problems that I can face for any specific feature, could you warn me in order to make life easier for me?

I forgot to say, I don't need it fancy, so I don't talk about a live CD or so. Any command line based installation is very fine. Actually I want to modify the alternate Ubuntu CD.
    Last edited by mohamedafattah; September 28th, 2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention it doesn't need to be live CD

Beans

Re: How to configure the installation CD

g++ is installed automatically i think but not the build essentials.

you will hve to start with alternate cd but i dont know the rest....
    chuck norris can divide by zero.
    chuck norris can beat a brick wall at tennis.