Thread: Frederick "In The Street"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Frederick "In The Street"

Team,
    Frederick's annual "In The Street" festival is coming up on Oct 5-6. It is the 25th anniversary so should be a great turnout. I know we want to greatly reduce the stock of Feisty CDs from Canonical. I think this would be a good opportunity to meet the public face to face, advocate free software, and unload all the CDs. Anybody up for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Frederick "In The Street"

I may try it. Are there any parking costs that weekend. It seems like parking will be tough. Also, would we get a booth or what. Tell me more about how this festival works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Depending on how some family stuff comes together I might be able to make one, both or neither day. I probalby won't know until mid next week. But if I can make it at all I'd love to do it.

If you want to arrange to get the CDs I've got here if I can't make it drop me a e-mail and we'll make arrangements.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I might be down for this too. Definitely need more information.

John: Carpool?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Here is the official town site:
    http://www.inthestreet.info/

I tried to get a table, but they were not accepting applications anymore. If we wanted to do it next year, I think the table fees are low, around $15.

As for Parking and the like, most can be answered by the site. As a native Fredneck I can tell you that downtown is easily walkable and with Hood College nearby and several side streets with no meters of parking restrictions, it is easy to find a spot even with the festival in full swing.

I was thinking of spending Saturday there with the Team, if there were any takers. Friday night is shorter, and much harder for folks to work out with day jobs and such.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey - I'm going to the K-12 Open Minds Conference in Indy next week - if you're trying to unload some of the CD's, I'll happily take some!
    Impari Systems, Inc
    http://www.imparisystems.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I really wish I could go but my saturday is booked. If something changes, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
    John