Thread: Install Mandriva Without A CD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Install Mandriva Without A CD

Thanks for the great guide!

Beans

"UNetbootin also supports Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Fedora, Arch Linux, and Debian. Post a reply if you need any help, new features, or another supported distro."

Thanks for your work with this. I have a Toshiba R-100 on which I have desperately been trying to install Linux, but since it doesn't have CD boot support (except with an expensive Toshiba cable), I haven't had any luck so far.

You mention to reply for help if another supported distro is desired. Is it possible to get a version of UNetbootin that will support the install of PCLinuxOS?

Thanks.

D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Dulwithe View Post
    "UNetbootin also supports Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Fedora, Arch Linux, and Debian. Post a reply if you need any help, new features, or another supported distro."

Thanks for your work with this. I have a Toshiba R-100 on which I have desperately been trying to install Linux, but since it doesn't have CD boot support (except with an expensive Toshiba cable), I haven't had any luck so far.

You mention to reply for help if another supported distro is desired. Is it possible to get a version of UNetbootin that will support the install of PCLinuxOS?

Thanks.

D.
    Done. PCLinuxOS builds are at http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=261499
    This version works a bit differenly from the previous UNetbootin builds (since PCLinuxOS is a liveCD-only distro), so make sure to read the installation instructions at http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html (middle of the page, titled "PCLinuxOS Instructions")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12