Thread: Poll

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Poll

I think that if you put a poll in the magazine and then had the community vote in the forum it would be really cool. You could have stuff like "Favorite Linux app" 'Gimp' 'Open Office' 'Firefox' or something. I'm sure someone has a better idea then me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Poll

Someone should put an ad out on websites like "tired of viruses, adware, slow system, etc. etc? Go here!" and it takes them to the ubuntu description and download page!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by catfacts View Post
    I think that if you put a poll in the magazine and then had the community vote in the forum it would be really cool. You could have stuff like "Favorite Linux app" 'Gimp' 'Open Office' 'Firefox' or something. I'm sure someone has a better idea then me.
    this is a pretty cool idea! +1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by ryanVickers View Post
    Someone should put an ad out on websites like "tired of viruses, adware, slow system, etc. etc? Go here!" and it takes them to the ubuntu description and download page!
    When people ask me to explain linux i tell them imagine windows. Now take away the viruses, crashing, freezing, glitching, BSOD, uninviting look and the hideous windows flag on bootup. They ususally get the picture.

ADDED SEPT 25: I created a wiki page, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazine/Poll. Hope I didn't do anything wrong.
    Last edited by catfacts; September 26th, 2007 at 01:47 AM.