Thread: Release Party

Beans

Release Party

So who is up for a Gutsy Release Party? We tried to have one with Feisty but with the Install Fest on the same day it kind of fell through. What do you say we try again?
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Release Party

I'm up for it! The one for Feisty wasn't too bad, even though we were only there for like 15 minutes or so, we talked about geek stuff and had heavily caffeinated beverages, what more could ya want .
    ~Jordan "The Stash" Montgomery
    The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine.

Beans

What about the idea of having a BBQ / Release Party? This fall will be a good time to be doing something like that I think.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

BBQ/Release party sounds good, as long as you don't ask me to cook(my cullinary skills are limited to microwavable Asian foods and hamburger helper).
    The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by montgoej View Post
    BBQ/Release party sounds good, as long as you don't ask me to cook(my cullinary skills are limited to microwavable Asian foods and hamburger helper).
    I'll be more than happy to show you guys what's what on a grill. Can't beat my meat for a tasty treat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Zuph View Post
    I'll be more than happy to show you guys what's what on a grill. Can't beat my meat for a tasty treat.
    heh, heh, heh. giggity.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I just noticed that there hadn't been an update to this thread in quite some time.

We have set the release party for November 3rd at 3pm in Lexington! (Lexmark Park, Weather Permitting)

This will be a "family oriented" event, with less nerding about and more socializing. Of course, I'm sure those of us without kids and wives and stuff will do plenty of nerding about.

I will be driving in from Louisville, so if anyone from Louisville or points along I-64 on the way out want to carpool, I can accommodate 3 others.

Everyone bring a 2 liter and something else generic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Zuph View Post
    I just noticed that there hadn't been an update to this thread in quite some time.

We have set the release party for November 3rd at 3pm in Lexington! (Lexmark Park, Weather Permitting)

This will be a "family oriented" event, with less nerding about and more socializing. Of course, I'm sure those of us without kids and wives and stuff will do plenty of nerding about.

I will be driving in from Louisville, so if anyone from Louisville or points along I-64 on the way out want to carpool, I can accommodate 3 others.

Everyone bring a 2 liter and something else generic.
    I may take you up on that, Zuph. I'm in Frankfort (pretty close to the second exit from Louisville, exit 58). Would you be able to stop off on that exit and pick me up?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by jkeyes0 View Post
    I may take you up on that, Zuph. I'm in Frankfort (pretty close to the second exit from Louisville, exit 58 ). Would you be able to stop off on that exit and pick me up?
    That shouldn't be a problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn