Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reporting FUD and misinformation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Reporting FUD and misinformation

Each of his replies have come back with more information or reasons to back up his opinion, which you've asked him to elaborate on.

While I do agree with you that unproductive FUD should be dealt with, this thread is not FUD to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

But I did not start this post to discuss the actions of other posters or if they are misinformed or posting fud. What subject of this topic is , is that I reported things imho that are wrong and needed to be dealt with. It is in your perogitive to do something about them or not. But when I am told that if I see a problem report it. I then report it. Another mod sends pms saying not to report things, take care of them yourself.
    Who should I listen to?
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That staff member thought you were overusing the report posts facility to make a satirical point. If that wasn't your intention, then there is a simple misunderstanding, and we can just leave it at that and go on with our lives?
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Sure we can. But it seems some people are too interested in reading into things when it comes to me. But excuse everything else.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sorry if it seems that way -- it is not our intention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12