Thread: Hi there!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hi there!

Just thought I'd test out this whole posting thing since I'm new to the forum...

I've used Linux as a development server before, but I just now finally got around to installing Ubuntu on my personal laptop because I can't stand Vista (I could tolerate XP). Had a little problem with my wireless network connection (due to my Broadband card), but the forums were great at helping me figure out the problem. Now I'm hooked and can't wait to get more involved.

Also, my husband went to visit the Detroit Public Schools Carstens Elementary last week and he found out that almost all the computers in the building save one or two was stolen. So, that Computer Recycling Project sounds like a great idea right about now. Where does that project stand????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Hi there!

Welcome aboard. The Michigan LoCo is pretty new. We've had one real-life meeting and one IRC meeting so far, so you've come at a great time to help get things rolling. We discussed the computer recycling project, but it's on a back burner at the moment. There was some discussion about where to get donations from, and whether or not we should try to form a legal non-profit organization to make corporations more willing to deal with us, and then the big debate (not within our group, but within the larger community) about whether or not LoCo's should have money at all broke out... So I don't know where things are going with that.

Make sure you get on the mailing list, as that is how we communicate mostly, and drop by our IRC channel sometime.