Thread: Dawn of War CD Keys

Beans

Dawn of War CD Keys

Hello-

I have everything installed with Wine, and DoW. I have all the expansioins. However, when I start Dark Crusade, it ask me for a CD for the Space Marines and Chaos, etc. I enter my CD key correctly and it says its invalid. I have upgraded to the latest patch. I read somewhere, where you can modify your registry and enter the keys there but that didn't work, anyone have any ideas?

-Arukas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Dawn of War CD Keys

I'm not sure if this will help, But on some other games people have installed on ******* and then copied the folders over to the wine c drive. You might give that a try.

It's nice to hear you have WH DoW running under wine, it's one of my favorite games. I'm going to try installing it tomorrow.

Good luck.
    FIC K8-800T AMD64 3200+ 2GB PC3200 GeForce 6800GT Mandriva 2010 KDE+Compiz+Emerald
    MSI K9N2GM AMD 9950BE 4GB DDR2-800 GeForce 8200 10.10 WUSB600N
    Acer 6920 Core 2 Duo 4GB GeForce 9500GS 10.04 Ubuntu User #17586

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

try "Vitrualbox" allows you to install a full version of Windows in Linux
    Ubuntu user # 16304 www.nocleanfeed.com
    If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything, don't do it, and don't run any command with rm in it unless you know exactly what you're doing.things i have learnt changing from Xp pro to Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unless something has recently changed, Virtualbox doesn't do hardware accelerated 3D, it won't work for games.

Arukas, how are you running the game and are there any errors produced by Wine when you try to run it?
    Last edited by cogadh; September 17th, 2007 at 01:24 PM.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans

I apprecate the help. I got the CD keys, don't know what i did, but when I tried again this morning they loaded up just fine and accepted the keys. Now there are other issuse with my DoWC. For instance, I download the patch, and it is installing, but to were I don't know at all.

-Arukas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wine creates a hidden directory in your home folder named ".wine" (the period on the beginning makes it hidden). If you open the file browser and press CTRL+H, the hidden files and folders will be temporarily unhidden. Inside the .wine folder are two directories, "drive_c' and "dosdevices". The "drive_c" directory is just like the "C:" drive on a Windows PC; it has a "Program Files" directory where Wine normally installs everything.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This is a old thread but I ran into the same problem and solved it.
    You have to open the registry editor with "wine regedit".
    Search for the keys "CDKEY" and "CDKEY_WXP". They are in a folder named "THQ/Dawn Of War".

The two keys will have values like "0000-0000-0000-0000". Change the "CDKEY" to the Dawn of War key, and the "CDKEY_WXP" to the Winter Assault key. Start the game and you will be propted to enter the keys again. They should now report as valid.

I wrote a tutorial on this subject found here: http://www.kungfoocode.org/2008/07/2...0-dawn-of-war/
    Last edited by apakatt; August 10th, 2008 at 11:00 PM.