Thread: Educational school type softwear

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Educational school type softwear

I installed Edubuntu on my kid's computer expecting somekind of built-in educational programs. I looks more or less just like Ubuntu. What are suggested programs to add for school work and learning from age 3 to 18.

BTW - My kids are not English speakers, although I would like them to learn that as well.
    Last edited by niceguy123; September 21st, 2007 at 12:20 PM.

Beans

Re: Educational school type softwear

I'm guessing you installed Feisty (7.04). In that case you'll probably want to get the Edubuntu Classroom Server Addon CD from http://www.edubuntu.org/download . Edubuntu has become too large to fit both all the LTSP server, desktop, and educational applications on 1 CD.

Hope that helps.

-LaserJock
    "That's all very well in practice, but will it ever work in theory?" -- G. Hill
    "A tidy laboratory means a lazy chemist." -- Jöns Jacob Berzelius

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by LaserJock View Post
    I'm guessing you installed Feisty (7.04). In that case you'll probably want to get the Edubuntu Classroom Server Addon CD from http://www.edubuntu.org/download . Edubuntu has become too large to fit both all the LTSP server, desktop, and educational applications on 1 CD.

Hope that helps.

-LaserJock
    Thanks a bunch, after I burn the disk how do I install? And what about Classroom Server (before the addon) do I need that too?

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I just went through the same thing. You do not need to install the classroom server. Just pop the CD into the installed 7.04 desktop system, and it will auto run and prompt you through the process.

Then you'll have a new menu item named Education.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Jack