Thread: Wine Bug report?

Beans

Wine Bug report?

I am some what new at wine and I have only starting installing and relying on applications though it for about 6 months.I did use a dual boot system but I don't use that any more,I just use compatibility layers like wine and crossover.

The only problem is I don't know how to report a bug report for wine.I had splinter cell working playable with a few bugs on wine 0.9.44 and now with 0.9.45 it gives a general protection error.I tried a NO-CD crack and I got the same error,can some one give me a link to where I might report bugs for wine.

A side from that the new version is awesome I have less texture bugs with Star wars Republic commando.

Just to be a little off topic I can't get Quake 2 to run on any version and every one says that works though wine.

Beans

Re: Wine Bug report?

The full terminal output would help us determine if it's actually a bug or some other issue. Bugs are filed at http://bugs.winehq.org, and you need to register a Bugzilla account to file one. This Wine Wiki article discusses how to appropriately write a bug report: http://wiki.winehq.org/Bugs

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by splintercellguy View Post
    The full terminal output would help us determine if it's actually a bug or some other issue. Bugs are filed at http://bugs.winehq.org, and you need to register a Bugzilla account to file one. This Wine Wiki article discusses how to appropriately write a bug report: http://wiki.winehq.org/Bugs
    Thanks a lot,I'll boot the game under command line to get a terminal output.

Beans

After I use the wine splintercell.exe the game crashes with this error:

fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on MPU-401 UART, disabling mixer
    fixmerocess:GetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,0x33e00c,0x33e004): stub
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33c8ac,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMe m (0x145928) : stub, simulating 256MB for now, returning 256MB left
    fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey (0x30028,49252,0x00000001,27): stub
    fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey (0x30028,49253,0x00000001,9): stub
    fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey (0x30028,49254,0x00000002,27): stub
    fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey (0x30028,49255,0x00000002,9): stub

I created this page on wine DB and I played it earlier today before I updated so I think its the new version. I guess it could be some thing other then a bug but I had it working so maybe some one will look and say some thing about the older version worked better.I am going to test Halo now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

None of those are actually errors. The "fixme" messages are just developer notes on what still needs to be finished/fixed in Wine's coding. Are there any other errors produced or is that the full output in the terminal?

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cogadh View Post
    None of those are actually errors. The "fixme" messages are just developer notes on what still needs to be finished/fixed in Wine's coding. Are there any other errors produced or is that the full output in the terminal?
    well theres the line I typed that I left out that has my username and computer name but other then that yeah its the whole output....strange.The error I got was actually a dialog box form splinter cell not wine.....blast I am out of luck again,this is why I like Cedega better for games.This has happen to me like 3 times.....Is there a why to install more then one version of wine???because I would be a lot happier if there was.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Cedega is not better for games. Stop spreading the FUD.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hikaricore View Post
    Cedega is not better for games. Stop spreading the FUD.
    I am merely saying that when some thing works on wine it breaks on later version (it has with me 3 times).With cedega you can install more then one version so if a game ran better with an older version you can select it from the settings.In that respect and only in that respect is cedega better then wine.Besides they both do different things so one can't really be better then the other.I play games on both,if wine would make it were you can install two different version than wine would far out do cedega.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aspect View Post
    I am merely saying that when some thing works on wine it breaks on later version (it has with me 3 times).With cedega you can install more then one version so if a game ran better with an older version you can select it from the settings.In that respect and only in that respect is cedega better then wine.Besides they both do different things so one can't really be better then the other.I play games on both,if wine would make it were you can install two different version than wine would far out do cedega.
    You CAN install two different versions of WINE.
    It's just not something a monkey with a package can do.

Seriously if WINE upgrades are breaking your games, stop updating or just downgrade when there is a problem.
    This doesn't justify recommending a "program" *cough* that completely retards the concept of customer support, and outright steals code from WINE while still including bad flaky hacks.

If this is "better" I'll pass.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hikaricore View Post
    You CAN install two different versions of WINE.
    It's just not something a monkey with a package can do.

Seriously if WINE upgrades are breaking your games, stop updating or just downgrade when there is a problem.
    This doesn't justify recommending a "program" *cough* that completely retards the concept of customer support, and outright steals code from WINE while still including bad flaky hacks.

If this is "better" I'll pass.
    Ok you won't hear a word from me about cedega again,apparently I like things easy with bad flaky hacks