Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Making Custom Live CD/DVD from all files on my hard drive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Making Custom Live CD/DVD from all files on my hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Cat View Post
    Well, I don't mind programs. Could the maker of Remastersys please enlighten us on how to obtain the debian package for Ubuntu 7.10? Thank you!
    I agree. Another question about Remastersys... while using the dist option, will it capture things such as installed audio/video codecs and fonts, or will it only capture installed programs? Also, is there a way to remove programs from the list of what you want on the new live distro? For example, I have a few programs installed that do not have a .deb available, and would be broken by the dist option because of configuration files being located in the home folder. Thanks for your help!
    Registered Linux user 446122 , Registered Machine 352936.

Beans

Wink Re: Making Custom Live CD/DVD from all files on my hard drive

very informative article, thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brennydoogles View Post
    I agree. Another question about Remastersys... while using the dist option, will it capture things such as installed audio/video codecs and fonts, or will it only capture installed programs? Also, is there a way to remove programs from the list of what you want on the new live distro? For example, I have a few programs installed that do not have a .deb available, and would be broken by the dist option because of configuration files being located in the home folder. Thanks for your help!
    Use the Romeo repo. Someone (a spammer >) got rid of the instructions on the article, but if you browse back a little ways in the history, you should be able to find it. Anyway, you would have to uninstall the programs you don't want on the livecd, and it basically put everything on the livecd besides things in your /home folder, so make sure your configurations are system wide. Also, there will be a new version out for Remastersys soon which doesn't require the origional CD, so wait if you can.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    Use the Romeo repo. Someone (a spammer >) got rid of the instructions on the article, but if you browse back a little ways in the history, you should be able to find it. Anyway, you would have to uninstall the programs you don't want on the livecd, and it basically put everything on the livecd besides things in your /home folder, so make sure your configurations are system wide. Also, there will be a new version out for Remastersys soon which doesn't require the origional CD, so wait if you can.
    I went ahead and downloaded reconstructor, because it seems like it is more readily usable at this time, but when the new version comes out I would love to help test it.
    Registered Linux user 446122 , Registered Machine 352936.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brennydoogles View Post
    I went ahead and downloaded reconstructor, because it seems like it is more readily usable at this time, but when the new version comes out I would love to help test it.
    I have had tons of bad luck with Reconstructor, I much rather set up my system and then use Reconstructor to make a LiveCD from it. Best of luck to you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

how about creating a livecd from my current installed system on my HD ?? liveCD/liveDVD/liveUSB whatever... can i get my current system running as a live**?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by puccaso View Post
    how about creating a livecd from my current installed system on my HD ?? liveCD/liveDVD/liveUSB whatever... can i get my current system running as a live**?
    You can do that with Remastersys, too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Erm, PCLinuxOS comes with a remastering tool by default called "remasterme". In fact, PCLOS is *meant* to be broken, twisted, bent and remastered all the way to hell and back again. I use Ubuntu on the desktop, but if I'm going somewhere and need a Linux to work, I install a remaster of PCLOS to my USB and get going.

http://www.pclinuxos.com

PS : I hope nobody minds the shameless PCLOS promotion
    I am the turnip. No, not a turnip, the turnip. Visit my blog here.

I need help with my Code Dojo. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have released Remastersys 2.0-2 and it starting with 2.0-1 it has had a gui.

Add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list

# Remastersys
    deb http://www.remastersys.klikit.org/repository remastersys/

The new homepage is:

http://www.remastersys.klikit.org

The version on the Romeo repository of Linux Mint is outdated and shouldn't be used.

Take a look at the website and either post here or on the remastersys forum if you have any questions.

Beans

im currently using remastersys 2 to make a liveCD backup of my ubuntu 7.04 that i installed using wubi (www.wubi-installer.org)

when it says "this will take a while, so be patient" how long is a while? cos my laptop has been churning away at 100% CPU usage for about 5 hours now..

any chance of a progress bar in the next release? lol anyone think that im waiting too long for this and that somethings up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast