Thread: Ubuntu Games Site

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ubuntu Games Site

Hi, i've found a nice site about Games for Ubuntu and also with Wine tips, it's in Portuguese, but it have a English version.

http://ubuntugames.org/
    Last edited by kernel_script; February 19th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Games Site

Thanks for sharing
    I've been looking for a lot of Ubuntu games recently, I want to prove to some sceptical gamer friends that you can get some ace games for this platform

Beans
    Distro

True Tautoa, i think is really important to share that kind of information, most hardcore gamers (me included) don't know that cool games run on Linux, some are even native on Linux like Dofus and Regnum.

That are some problems in the emulation yes, but are few, and I'm not a little worried with a little-translucent-half-not-seeing-shade on my Silkroad, it have to run in a smaller window than your desktop resolution, but like i said, nothing of this take out the pure fun that I'm having in playing Silkroad on my Ubuntu. I'm enjoying it fully , even more than i did in the age that i was still using Windows™.

See ya!
    Last edited by kernel_script; September 14th, 2007 at 05:41 PM.

Beans

The site looks great, but the english language version doesn't appear to go very deep. Hopefully all of the pages will have an english language version in the future? Looks like a good resource.

Beans
    Distro

MarkLori, until that day comes, try use the "translator" firefox plugin, use the Yahoo! Babelfish client, it translate a lot of languages. I ever use it to surf Japanese sites. It's work pretty well

Suggestion: If you are interested in the site, maybe you want to collaborate in translate it more deeply Or tell other people about it, so if it gets popular, it will be more probable that people will help translate it to their languages.

See ya.
    Last edited by kernel_script; September 14th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I've been watching the site for awhile, but the updates are always few and far between.
    Lost interest in it some time ago.

Beans
    Distro

I don't think so hikaricore, in less than a month it updated with Sikroad Online, Tales of Pirates, MU Online and Warcraft III - Reing of Chaos.

And one single person to take care of the site is normal that it updates is slow some times, if people helped a little more... and if you don't want to put your hands on work, just divulgating it helps a lot

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I'm quite aware of how much trouble it is keeping a site current: Ubuntu Gamers Arena

I meant no disrespect, I'm just used to sites being updated more often or I get bored lol.

Between the three of us (CK, AI, and myself) even keeping UGA updated is a chore. I just run out of time in the day more often than not. >.< Post news or sleep... hmm... passes out on the floor. ^_^

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I just refreshed the next minute and there was a thousand comments. Nice site but my main game on the PC is WoW and only WoW.
    Laptop: Intel Centrino Duo 1.5 GB of RAM. 120 GB of HDD Windows/Ubuntu 7.10
    Desktop + Server: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GB RAM. 250 GB of HDD Windows XP Home Edition
    Computer Builder/C#/Web Master/Server Owner and Admin (http://www.ev5unleash.com)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hikaricore View Post
    I'm quite aware of how much trouble it is keeping a site current: Ubuntu Gamers Arena

I meant no disrespect, I'm just used to sites being updated more often or I get bored lol.

Between the three of us (CK, AI, and myself) even keeping UGA updated is a chore. I just run out of time in the day more often than not. >.< Post news or sleep... hmm... passes out on the floor. ^_^
    Ho hikaricore, it's ok man, i too din't meant disrespect, i just pointed out that any helps is welcome, divulging helps a lot

I understand what you mean, i too, when i go to some site that not change, i get bored... but I'm not bored with Ubuntu Games, cause I'm ever in the Brazilian Ubuntu Forum, and Coringao is ever there too (The admin of the site). So it's ever refreshing in the "Games area" like that one here.

Sorry for my English, it's not perfect... =( I hope it's understandable.

See ya.