Thread: Raids

Beans

Raids

Hello Ubunturers

Well I cannot Install Ubuntu because I have a Raid 0 Array (Via Via 8237) Made with 2 Sata Drives, and the Ubuntu Install CD (5.04) Doesn't recognize it. It only shows up the 2 hard drives. The fact is that I had prepared a new partition for ubunto previously with 20GB and ext3 and the installer hasn't seen it.

Well.. all of we know windows sucks in some ways.. by the other side I'm a Student at the University and all my programming work must be done under Linux.

What can I do to install Ubuntu onto my Raid Array? Something can be done?

Ahh another thing. The installer also didn't recognize my internet Connection, that is an ADSL with modem, with username and pass. In windows i just have to install the raspppoe protocol and query the available services on my ethernet. Then create a conection for that service and just dial with it.

What do we ADSL users do with Ubuntu?

I thought it was easier to install it

Well.. hope somebody can help me

Thanks

Beans

Re: Raids

Hey,

suppose that ubuntu will never discover your hardware raid, but you could create a software. Using the ubuntu installer.

And try pppoe-conf to setup your adsl connection.

- fabiand

Beans

Re: Raids

the ubuntu installer does not allow me to do that. It says that there aren't any available hdds..

and how do i use the pppoe-conf during the installation process..?