Thread: Kansas Univeristy uses Fedora

Beans

Kansas Univeristy uses Fedora

I think a lot of good could be done if our Universities used Ubuntu-
    Is there anyone else going to KU that is a ubuntu user?

Beans

Re: Kansa Univeristy uses Fedora

I use Ubuntu! I know about 5 other people on campus that use Ubuntu. A couple of friends introduced me, and I have been installing it on some of my friends' laptops too. Ubuntu turns computers that have been reduced by ******* to expensive paper weights back into working computers. I think it is catching on.

Beans

What year are you? i am a freshman.

Beans

I am a senior. A KU Ubuntu group sounds like a pretty kickass idea. I'm not sure how much free time I would have though. I got quite a bit on my plate already; I am in KU environs, and I gotta concentrate on graduating, taking the GRE, applying to grad schools, etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Kansas Univeristy uses Fedora

I think it is great that people have popped in from Lawrence. Is there a LUG for KU or Lawrence? Ubuntu LoCo's are supposed to peacefully co-exist with existing LUGs since we are both moving towards the same goals.

Beans

We started a Ubuntu users group here at KU. Are most of the Kansas Loco activities in Salina?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No, not really. Thats just where I live. We just started this summer, so there haven't been any activities yet. Join the mailing list and I will also be posting messages to the group here since there are some people here that aren't on the list.

It could be 'based' anywhere. Typically it is virtual (in an irc room) unless some face to face meetings are planned and we really need to be talking about the Gutsy release party - I say Lawrence is good as a base but I don't live there.

Beans

Okay- I just registered us as Student Group here at KU-
    I joined the list.
    We are planning a gutsy part here- so if you have any ideas you can just post them in the thread I will start about a Gutsy party.