Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo: Download YouTube videos (the easy way)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: HowTo: Download YouTube videos (the easy way)

That clive is a good program!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hello everyone,
    Found another easy way... use "www.savetube.com" or any other such website which provides you a download url for Youtube videos...
    1. Open the video you want to download in Youtube.

2. Open www.savetube.com in another browser window or tab.

3. Copy the url in the address bar.

4. Paste it in the space provided in savetube(type "&fmt=6" at the end of the url in the space for high quality .flv) and press go.

5. The savetube page will re-open showing a "Download" button. Press it and save the video where ever u want to.

6. As far as converting the file is concerned, just type ".mpg" at the end of the filename before or after downloading it. Example - "get_video.mpg".
    The .flv files don't seem to play with any of the players(Vlc, Totem...), but, the .mpg files play brilliantly well.

P.S- This method works great in Ubuntu 8.04LTS(Hardy Heron) and Opera 9.25.
    Try it out and let me know...

Thanks for all the tips. Now I know how to download youtube videos in easy way.

Beans

I've actually written a GUI tool based on youtube-dl for those people who prefer GUI interfaces. It also allows you to download in a variety of formats, including the one required for IPOD video players.

Find it here:
    http://yourtubedownloader.awardspace.com/

Let me know what you think by email if you wish !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I prefer the first way... I was checking if anyone else found it... feel sorry for windows users... they rely on websites to do what we do by just opening the /tmp and taking out the video.
    The best things in life are truly free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
    Many people have been asking how to download youtube videos, and kept being pointed to useless software which will do it for them.

Here is the easy way:

Step 1: Find the video you want to download and wait for it to completely finish loading.

Step 2: Minimize your browser (do NOT close it, some browsers delete the temp directory upon closing), and navigate to the directory /tmp

Step 3: Drag the flash file onto your desktop. Voila!

This definitely works with firefox, and probably most other browsers aswell. Enjoy!
    The method you have mentioned here was working fine for me, for years. But now, when i try playing the copied files, i am getting the error "cannot recoganise undf file format". Any ideas? What is this undf file format afterall?
    Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Works perfectly: very easy method. Thanks!

Many people have been asking how to download youtube videos, and kept being pointed to useless software which will do it for them.

Here is the easy way:

Step 1: Find the video you want to download and wait for it to completely finish loading.

Step 2: Minimize your browser (do NOT close it, some browsers delete the temp directory upon closing), and navigate to the directory /tmp

This definitely works with firefox, and probably most other browsers aswell. Enjoy!

Beans

I also found easy way.I'm using Morz Video Downloader.Good and easy to use. you can download at morzsoftware.com/morz-video-downloader

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Here is the easy way:

This worked PERFECTLY for me! Thanks!!
    Toshiba Satellite L45-S4687
    1GB RAM 80GB HDD
    DVD-RW 2GB Flash

Beans

I noticed that my audio/video is off when I am playing a copied video from youtube using the temp files method...any idea's?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast