Thread: A thanks from Youtube

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Exclamation A thanks from Youtube

Just sharing something from some of the videos I had started since I joined the team on Youtube to help draw attention to both the team and Ubuntu.

I get now tons of messages for questions on Ubuntu their and it's become a fun hobby on the side. Though I can admit I'm not too savvy on the mic, it looks I've drawn some positive responces, this one as of today:

===============

datsby
    thanks
    Hello I just wanted to say thanks for your videos. I would also like to share a story with you about mine and my autistic nephew's experiance with ubuntu. My nephew comes over to s Hello I just wanted to say thanks for your videos. I would also like to share a story with you about mine and my autistic nephew's experiance with ubuntu. My nephew comes over to stay with us on the weekends while his mother works, and the only thing he really enjoys doing is surfing the net. I had a old computer with windows 98 on it that I figuared I could give to him so he could do what ever he wanted to do to it, and it would not matter if it broke.So we tyed setting it up for him and it would not connect to the internet, we tried everything we could think of including calling tech support they told us it was a driver issue. So we tried that and still no go. We gave up and the computer sat here unused for a while untill I started watching vids about linux, so what the heck might as well try putting ubuntu on it to see what linux was all about. and as soon as I installed it I had a connection(freaking awesome) and now my 8 year old autistic nephew is surfing with out issue so thanks to you and the whole ubuntu community.
    =======================================

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: A thanks from Youtube

Gotta love it when things work out of the box