Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please post ubuntu tamil screen shot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Please post ubuntu tamil screen shot

Hallo,
    I would like to install ubuntu in tamil, currently I have some partioning problem in installing ubuntu. I asked for suggestions in 'General Help'. Before installing ubuntu in tamil, I would like to see some screen shot of tamil ubuntu. Could you please post your tamil ubuntu screen shots here? I will appreciate if you post the following screen shots;

1. Desktop with menu bar
    2. Add or remove software window
    3. Browser windows and other windows opened on screen
    4. Any other shots you like to post

Thanks in advance

Jay

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Please post ubuntu tamil screen shot

This should help. May not help much, but I hope it helps at all.
    Last edited by Taum; August 5th, 2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Clarity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hi I already did image search in google, I couldnt find any picture of ubuntu in tamil. Thats why I asked here.
    Jay

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ubuntu uses Gnome as the window manager and Kubuntu use KDE as the window manager. The screenshots my amachu is for Kubuntu. The following are the screenshots (click to see a large version) from my Ubuntu system:

This is the login screen:

Admin Menu with "Synaptic Package Manager" highlighted. This program allows you to add or remove programs from your computer.

When ever you run programs that can change your system, you would need to type in your password again. This is so that malicious programs cannot modify your system without your knowledge.

Once you enter the password and grant access "Synaptic Package Manager" opens. Here you can search and install the programs, libraries and other packages you need.

This is the screenshot of a firefox browser showing a tamil webpage. On the background are other apps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

You arn't supposed to post screenschots in the month of august
    Little geek a moron

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hallo, Thank you very much for screenshots. I have a problem in installing Ubuntu on my Dell PC (Vista, 20" monitor, Intel integrated graphic card and intel VII V, two cores). Whenever I try to install it says following error during manual partition;

'Files system doesnt have expected sizes for Windows to like it. Cluster size is 2K (1K expected); number of clusters is 20017 (39957 expected); size of FATs is 79 sectors (157 expected)'.

Could anyone tell me what should I do next? If I ignore and continue the installation, system freeze at 'log-on' screen. Please give me some idea to install Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by jeyaganesh View Post
    'Files system doesnt have expected sizes for Windows to like it. Cluster size is 2K (1K expected); number of clusters is 20017 (39957 expected); size of FATs is 79 sectors (157 expected)'.
    Are you sure the Ubuntu installer gives this error? This sounds like an error caused by windows. In any case could you give us the exact error messages as they appear on screen (photos if you have a camera).
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyaganesh View Post
    Could anyone tell me what should I do next? If I ignore and continue the installation, system freeze at 'log-on' screen.
    System freeze's on Ubuntu log-on screen or vista's log-on screen?

I am not an expert but I heard that Vista supports multiple OSs on a PC. So I just want to make sure that you are using grub (the bootloader that came with Linux) or did you use Vista's bootloader?

Lastly did you try running Ubuntu from a Live CD? If you haven't may be you should try and find out if there are any unsupported hardwares.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi thanks for your reply. The exact error message I got was given in my previous reply to this thread. I think it may be due to the screen resolution. I have wide screen monitor (1680x1050) and ubuntu gives only 1280x1024 resolution. Do you have any idea to solve this problem. I think before installing this, Gusty Gibbon will release.
    Jay

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi I found from where error is coming. It was because of my Belkin wireless adaptor, after removing ubuntu is working very smoothly. Now I have to make wireless adaptor to work, thats the only way I can get internet connection in my room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast