Thread: Ubuntu missouri for Myspace

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Ubuntu missouri for Myspace

The place we have on face book is nice and all, but what about Myspace?

I have seen groups do this before, and it ends up working out fine. What I am proposing is a Myspace profile for Ubuntu Missouri, not a Myspace group, mind you, but a profile about Ubuntu Missouri to gather up everyone.

If its that much of a hassle, I'd like to volunteer to keep in charge of it, because I am familiar with Myspace profiles and stuff, and I want to do something for the group.

This may not seem like that much of idea, but there are more capabilities to Myspace profiles then one would normally think, and I don't think it would be that bad of an idea to experiment with them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu missouri for Myspace

Go for it! I'm not a fan of MySpace, but if you would like to utilize the services they offer to help expand on the view of the team then I would be surprised if anyone stops you from creating it.

I do specialize in style and site design if you need help with anything on the page. One thing I would recommend though... stick with a very generic name like "ubuntu-missouri" so people will know the meaning of the profile right away. The only other thing I ask is to stick with the CoC.

That brings me to a question though... do we have any other facebook or myspace users?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Alright then. Im actually considering using a myspace generator, since you have to insert the code to modify the profile in the about me section, and apparently nowhere else, except in a few occasions.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

As of now, the profile is in its early stages.

\

Id rather not disclose the URL until we have a finished product, but im welcome for ideas.

I would have gotten further, but I had a bit of school work to do today, so hopefully I will make more progress tomorrow night.

I know the profile design looks very cheap, but my brain is in a highly uncreative mode today.... so I just stuck with Gimps gradient tool.

As for the profile picture, I'm waiting for everybody to decide on the logo first.

Also, if any of you are going to a gutsy release party, can you send me a video of it so I can upload it to myspace and put it on the profile as well.

Also, myspace profiles go good with music. Can any one think of a song thats worthy and appropriate for this group? I'm asking because I cant think of a good song for this.
    Last edited by speedingbullet; September 7th, 2007 at 05:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

A couple of hours ago I was working on this further.... Now im just looking into Bioshock for the Xbox 360.....

I deleted the current style coding, and used a far less sucky generator. I still have to work out some bugs and add a lot of stuff, but I suppose I'll release the link now. I guess ill just call this "version 0.02" since I dont know how the final product will turn out.http://www.myspace.com/ubuntumo

Beans

Spr0k3t, I don't know why you ask if anyone on here has a MySpace or Facebook page, but FWIW, my wife has a MySpace page.