Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moderator/Admin Abuse

Beans

Re: Moderator/Admin Abuse

KiwiNZ, if this should go before the relevant council meetings, I hereby formally request your permission to include our PMs as evidence in those meetings. I ask because I will not post private messages without the consent of other party as I have a very sincere respect for privacy.

Paladine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Beamerboy View Post
    Incidentally, it might be useful to update the guidelines at the top of this forum, there is no reference to the forum council meetings, merely a reference to the Ubuntu Council meeting. It would probably also be useful to link to where the relevant agendas are in the same guidelines.

Paladine

The statement in reference from the forum header:
    5. If the resolution has not come to an agreement by both sides the thread starter can escalate the issue to the Ubuntu CC and use their thread as reference.
    Traditionally the escalation path has been directly to the Community Council agenda. This might be a clarification that we need to look over at a future FC meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Beamerboy View Post
    KiwiNZ, if this should go before the relevant council meetings, I hereby formally request your permission to include our PMs as evidence in those meetings. I ask because I will not post private messages without the consent of other party as I have a very sincere respect for privacy.

Paladine

I wiill think about your request over the next 24 hours.

However I want you to think over something.
    You state that you are all about rights etc and the freedom of choice. Yet you want us to take away the freedom of choice from our members and only display subjects that you agree with or are comfortable with . You may not like Apple , Nike , BP etc etc , and that is your right . But others have no problems with them and that is their right.
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I wiill think about your request over the next 24 hours.

However I want you to think over something.
    You state that you are all about rights etc and the freedom of choice. Yet you want us to take away the freedom of choice from our members and only display subjects that you agree with or are comfortable with . You may not like Apple , Nike , BP etc etc , and that is your right . But others have no problems with them and that is their right.
    I am not asking nor did I ask that people's right to post about Apple products be removed, I requested the thread be moved to a more appropriate forum. I personally don't think it is appropriate to post such threads in the cafe and as already offered as a compromise by yourself, I welcome the suggestion of generating a new subforum to deal with these types of posts.

I am an Ubuntu user and I do what I can to help other members of the community, I respect the job the admins and other staff do both here in the forums and in other areas of the community (such as launchpad and irc) so I certainly get no pleasure out of "coming to blows" (for want of a better phrase) with members of the administration.

So your points are taken on board and I hope some serious consideration is given to providing a subforum as suggested. Thanks to the other staff for getting involved in this thread, I don't see it as a particularly negative thread as it was discussed in an adult fashion and hopefully we have all taken something positive out of it.

Paladine

Beans

Well KiwiNZ, I have given you much longer than 24 hours to either apologise or give me permission to use the PMs as evidence in a complaint to the relevant community councils, you have done neither.

As such I see I have no choice other than to formally bring up a motion to have you removed from the UbuntuForums administration and forum council due your treatment of users.

I gave you plenty of opportunity to prevent this but you have been stubborn and refused to accept that you were wrong.

Paladine

Beans

OK yes I have taken a while to respond .That is because I wanted to give this situation thorough consideration before acting.

Also I have a busy life outside my VOLUNTARY work here, I am a Senior IT Manager for a large Organisation and own my Business, run a family and are involved in many community projects. I apologise , but frankly your issue just does not rank that high in my priorities .

My decision is

1. No you cannot use private messages.

2. I stand by my decision not to move the thread and to keepit where other members wished it to be.

3. It was you that did not respect the decision of Forum staff as prescribed in the Code of Conduct.

4. It was you that insulted staff here and in other Forum related media ( IRC ) and as such I will take further action regarding that .
    Last edited by KiwiNZ; September 7th, 2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Grammar correction
    This account is not active.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234