Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator/Admin Abuse

Beans

Moderator/Admin Abuse

OK, so it is alright to spam Apple products in Cafe but when I start a thread about how cool Vista is, I get infraction points (immediately) and then the thread gets moved and closed, by the very Admin I asked to move the Apple thread which was in exactly the same manner as my Vista thread?

This is blatant abuse, what is this place turning into?

One rule for mods/admins and another for everyone else? one rule for Apple products and another for Microsoft?

I am disgusted.

Paladine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Moderator/Admin Abuse

Admins: relevant thread is http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...83#post3317283

The thread sounded like it was flamebait, attempting to start an anti-Vista flamewar.

I understand you probably meant it as a sarcastic response to the influx of Apple threads.

I need more time to think about this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

The thread was posted as he requested that we get rid of the Ipod thread in the Cafe and was declined.
    he didnt agree with the decision and had what I would describe as a tantrum .

It clearly stated in the Ipod thread why it would not be moved .

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Admins: relevant thread is http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...83#post3317283

The thread sounded like it was flamebait, attempting to start an anti-Vista flamewar.

I understand you probably meant it as a sarcastic response to the influx of Apple threads.

This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I would like to add, please read the "what's a troll" link in my sig. You were trolling, and you knew it. Your post was a deliberate attempt to cause controversy and rile people up. I'm completely amused that you are now acting as if you were wronged when called on it.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

It wasn't flamebait jdong, I was merely proving a point regarding the double standards. It seems it is ok for Apple viral advertising on the forums even when it is requested they are moved, but not ok for Microsoft products.

I did state in the irc channel before I posted, why I was posting the thread and even added to the thread that it was not a serious post.

I am very unhappy over this situation. The admin in question has not only abused his position in the public forum, he has behaved in a totally unacceptable fashion on PM as well, threatening and attempting to intimidate me with his "position".

As I said to you on IRC, I won't post PM's to anyone as I do respect privacy, but I am sure the relevant people are able to access these PMs if there is a need for an investigation.

In my opinion, it is totally unacceptable to allow viral advertising for Apple and then give infractions and remove posts if someone does the same for Microsoft products. That sort of behaviour is not becoming of what I expect from the staff running this community, frankly I am disgusted.

I would appreciate if there was a full discussion on this issue and the infractions removed.

Regards

Paladine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The Apple threads had relevant contents to the products being discussed. Your Vista thread did not have any such substance.

I was unaware of the previous request to close the Apple threads and at this point stand behind the original decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

The Apple threads had relevant contents to the products being discussed. Your Vista thread did not have any such substance.

I was unaware of the previous request to close the Apple threads and at this point stand behind the original decision.
    Respectfully jdong, I beg to differ. If you read the first post for the iPod thread you can see it is not so dissimilar to the first post in the Vista thread I created.

And my point still stands as far as I am concerned, it is not acceptable to allow Apple to be advertised on here multiple times a week but not allow other products the same.

I come here to read about Ubuntu, not Apple. I find Apple as a company highly offensive.

Paladine

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Beamerboy View Post
    Respectfully jdong, I beg to differ. If you read the first post for the iPod thread you can see it is not so dissimilar to the first post in the Vista thread I created.

And my point still stands as far as I am concerned, it is not acceptable to allow Apple to be advertised on here multiple times a week but not allow other products the same.

I come here to read about Ubuntu, not Apple. I find Apple as a company highly offensive.

Paladine
    Thats is fine , you dont like Apple products , you are entitled to that opinion . We have 350,000 plus members , what you are saying is that your likes are more important than those.
    We serve all members not just one .
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Please post a link (or multiple) to the Apple thread(s). Just for my amusement. Thank you.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Thats is fine , you dont like Apple products , you are entitled to that opinion . We have 350,000 plus members , what you are saying is that your likes are more important than those.
    We serve all members not just one .
    You appear to be completely ignoring my point. If it is ok to advertise Apple products on a GNU/Linux forum, it should also be acceptable to do the same for -any- product. To give preference to Apple in these situations wreaks of hypocrisy.

It is nothing to do with what I think about Apple, it is everything to do with the endless threads saying how great Apple are in a forum for and about a GNU/Linux distro. I do not understand how you continue to fail see the significance.

If there is such a demand for people to advertise Apple products, then open a new forum for them or offer Apple banner space, at least I (and others) can then avoid them by either turning on adblock of not seeing the threads in Cafe because they are sandboxed elsewhere.

Paladine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast