Thread: Cool Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Cool Beans

I live in Lawton and am not much on programing but have telling everyone I know about Ubuntu. I am happy to hear there is someone else in Oklahoma that likes Ubuntu.
    J11Gyro
    ICQ# 15905938
    http://www.flickr.com/people/dougjanet/
    VROC #10865 OKVROC #50 & #51

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Cool Beans

So far there are 25 of us in the group, that is a good start and soon there will be more. Glad to see you aboard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks for letting me join, I do some graphics work and have been building computers since 95 but just got into Ubuntu not long ago. I am really interested in trying some of the older hardware that you cannot run XP or Vista with. I build systems up and have given to kids who need computers. Ubuntu is perfect for that in Xubuntu version, so I am looking forward to being part of the Oklahoma team.
    J11Gyro
    ICQ# 15905938

I build systems up and have given to kids who need computers. Ubuntu is perfect for that in Xubuntu version, so I am looking forward to being part of the Oklahoma team.
    We formed a non profit here a couple of years ago and donated refurbished pc's to other non profits. It started out great but demand soon faltered. Wish we had had the legalese to give them to needy individuals but we were not sure about legal consequences.
    My 8 and 9 year old are running Edubuntu on their desktops.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm surprised I haven't heard about the group yet. I'm from Norman.
    I work as a *nix systems admin for a state agency and I am the pusher of www.icanhaslinux.com

Looks like I missed out on the August meeting. I'm going to try to be at the Oct LinuxSIG though, so maybe I'll see some of you there.

-LightningCrash
    Last edited by LightningCrash; September 27th, 2007 at 03:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Sorry I have not been on the board but shift work takes its toll, I have 2 people who recently loaded kubuntu to their systems in dual boot on spare HD and love it. I am fixing to build my daughter a home system since she moved out and will then have a dedicated Linux box
    J11Gyro
    ICQ# 15905938