Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone know how many of the iso cd's you need to intall

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: anyone know how many of the iso cd's you need to intall

I picked gnome I love gnome. I don't know why but the other's never did anything for me. but i'm not hating on the kde kids i just like gnome better.
    TH1NK, TrY, C0MMUN1C4T3

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ry4n View Post
    I picked gnome I love gnome. I don't know why but the other's never did anything for me. but i'm not hating on the kde kids i just like gnome better.
    you should have both epiphany and iceweasel to play with if you went with gnome. iceweasel is firefox so you don't need to install that. epiphany uses the same gecho engine, but is very limited in configuration. it's really tied into gnome, so in gnome it's pretty responsive, as in fast startup, but no where near as good as a setup as iceweasel/firefox. epiphany is for people who can't handle a real browser.
    Last edited by kerry_s; September 4th, 2007 at 05:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

You should try Epiphany before installing iceweasel/firefox, I apt-geted iceweasel, tried for a week and went back to epiphany. Try Epiphany and if you don't like it, then go for iceweasel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thumbs down Re: anyone know how many of the iso cd's you need to intall

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    you should have both epiphany and iceweasel to play with if you went with gnome. iceweasel is firefox so you don't need to install that. epiphany uses the same gecho engine, but is very limited in configuration. it's really tied into gnome, so in gnome it's pretty responsive, as in fast startup, but no where near as good as a setup as iceweasel/firefox. epiphany is for people who can't handle a real browser.
    I installed iceweasel the moment after i posted last and liked it very much, I do like it becaues it is.... well.... firefox, and i really enjoy using firefox. I did use epiphany for a while (before you told me about iceweasel) and it just felt like i was using plain bland web browser ( i don't know if i am conveying my self properly, but that is what i felt like).
    TH1NK, TrY, C0MMUN1C4T3

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ry4n View Post
    I installed iceweasel the moment after i posted last and liked it very much, I do like it becaues it is.... well.... firefox, and i really enjoy using firefox. I did use epiphany for a while (before you told me about iceweasel) and it just felt like i was using plain bland web browser ( i don't know if i am conveying my self properly, but that is what i felt like).
    yeah, i tested epiphany for a month on various platforms and setups. i just absolutely hated how locked down it was, it felt like using IE in linux. given it does have a fast start time in gnome, but thats only because it is so tied in, just like IE. it feels so much like proprietary software, you got to get into the guts to change simple things. uhh, hate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    yeah, i tested epiphany for a month on various platforms and setups. i just absolutely hated how locked down it was, it felt like using IE in linux. given it does have a fast start time in gnome, but thats only because it is so tied in, just like IE. it feels so much like proprietary software, you got to get into the guts to change simple things. uhh, hate it.
    when i was posting my last one that was on the tip of my (finger tips i guess). It really does feel like IE. I just didn't want to put that because i didn't want to **** anyone off. But since it was said: i must say, I agree.
    TH1NK, TrY, C0MMUN1C4T3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

A question. Which one of the 4 DVDs would you need to get Xfce4?
    "Some people says that if you run a Microsoft Midori iso backwards you will hear demon voices commanding you to worship Satan". But that's nothing. If you run it forward it will install Microsoft Midori.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Ptero-4 View Post
    A question. Which one of the 4 DVDs would you need to get Xfce4?
    You'll get it in the first DVD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12