Thread: [Project Idea] Finding where people can go for support

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

[Project Idea] Finding where people can go for support

I thought we should make a list (or even a map) of where people can go for Ubuntu/Linux support. I am particularly thinking of paid support -- mapping where team members are is already an ongoing project. There are two MA companies listed on Canonical's Marketplace listing, but I am sure some of the various local computer repair shops support Linux in some way, and it would be good to find out who does. The use case I'm thinking of is if we help someone install Ubuntu on their PC, some of us can offer to help them with problems, but that doesn't scale well. We can refer them to Ubuntu forums and mailing lists, but I'm sure some people would be interested in places they can go to drop off their computer and have someone fix it, as they can with their windows PC. In that case we can refer them to a page of local listings for paid support.

The first step would be to find out what computer support businesses are in your area. The second step would be to call them and find out what they'll do if somebody comes to them with a computer with a Linux problem. Then document the findings on a wiki page that we could refer people to.
    (Intel Core i7 860, 2x2GB, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Radeon HD 4550, Audigy2 ZS Platinum, Sonata) + Asus V6J + Lenovo IdeaPad U330
    YOU can make Kubuntu Lucid a solid distro | My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [Project Idea] Finding where people can go for support

I am using Canonical's desktop support. The support is very flexible and professional.
    cmn