Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vorian out of line, please assist

Beans

Re: Vorian out of line, please assist

I hav ejailed two recent posts in teh Thread in question pending the outcome of this
    This account is not active.

Beans

After careful consideration and review of this case it is my belief that Vorian acted with the authority of the Ubuntu Forum code of conduct. I see no reason to vary the decisions he has made.

Also jdong has given a fair and good explanation and I see no need to add to what he has already stated.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

well tehn it appears by these standards that you'll have to move plenty more threads to jail when ever people suggest to others to use Envy when the thread is regarding getting the nvidia or ati drivers by other means. also, I still see no reason I was demerited a point. I completely disagree with the fact that the main reason I was jaiiled was because " I was off topic" but if that's the case, I don't see it in the COC that I can be demerited a point.

So based on your decision I guess you'll have to get to work to start jailing many more threads so i'll leave you alone.
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

There's a difference between what you are saying and the specific circumstances of your post.

In your envy example, if someone is looking to install newer graphics drivers, we would of course welcome all discussion about various methods to go about doing it.

However, if someone installed a graphics driver the non-Envy way, and then asked how to change his resolution, we would not accept suggestions to "uninstall your driver completely, then download Envy and use that", because it's not an on-topic solution regarding the problem at hand.

In the case of the thread that was jailed, the person you were replying to had a specific problem with Compiz Fusion, and you replied telling him to completely remove CF and install it the way you prefer. That is why your post was removed. Had his question been about how to install Compiz Fusion or which installation method is better, you would've been totally on topic to discuss your experiences with the CF script and recommend another repository instead.

I hope this clears it up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

it clears it up but I don't feel an infraction is justified here for merely being off topic.
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The only reason the infraction was given is that you have already been warned more than once in the past for similar occurrences, and did not appear to be heeding the warning.

Overall, it's just an infraction point that will expire in short time, after which this will all be a thing of the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12