Thread: Just informing you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just informing you

I have already created a Louisiana loco team. Thanks for trying but your just a little late on that. Have a nice day. As for proof please check out the freenode channel #ubuntu-louisiana. Please I ask for the administrator to grant me moderator status as they clearly are not watching closely enough on the Loco website and the Loco staff is NOT updating the website.

I am sorry for griping but you clearly did what I thought was stabbing me in the back Loco teams admin!

I did in fact notify the LoCo Admins of my teams presence so therefore this team should not be truly in existence. 2 teams for the state of Louisiana? Open your eyes admins!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Just informing you

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon8803 View Post
    I have already created a Louisiana loco team.
    I'm sorry, but the Ubuntu Wiki suggests otherwise.
    Search of Louisiana on the Wiki

As for proof please check out the freenode channel #ubuntu-louisiana.
    Creating a channel on IRC hardly constitutes the creation of a LoCo team. What other resources did you set up? (Launchpad Entry for your team, Wiki page) It appears to me that Axxium has gone through the work of getting all of these set up.

Here are a few links detailing the creation of a LoCo Team, and what LoCo Teams are all about:
    LoCoTeams
    LoCoTeamList
    LoCoTeamJoining
    LoCoTeamHowto
    LoCoTeamKnowledgeBase
    LoCoFAQ
    LoCoTeamContacts

Please I ask for the administrator to grant me moderator status
    That is entirely up to the Team Leader, Axxium.

as they clearly are not watching closely enough on the Loco website and the Loco staff is NOT updating the website.
    There is no LoCo Staff. Team Leaders are responsible for adding, updating, and maintaining information on the Ubuntu Wiki (see previous links on LoCo Teams)

I am sorry for griping but you clearly did what I thought was stabbing me in the back Loco teams admin!
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but there is no evidence that there had been an effort to create a Louisiana LoCo team prior to Axxiums efforts, other than the creation of an IRC channel.

2 teams for the state of Louisiana? Open your eyes admins!!!!!!
    My eyes are open. I see that you did not create a homepage on the wiki, did not add the LA team to the LoCo Team list, did not have a mailing list created, had not created a Launchpad entry for your team.

I know that Axxium has reached out to you. If you really want to see a successful LoCo team in Louisiana, It would be my suggestion to join in and help them out.
    Last edited by Vorian; August 24th, 2007 at 04:10 PM.

Beans

Re: Just informing you

I completely agree with Vorian. The only work that was visible was setting up a channel 36 weeks ago, and not being in the channel since. Also, you have added yourself with a level of -1 on ChanServ, which means you can't administer to the channel anyway. Axxium has been doing great work getting the team started and rolling. If you're eager to see the teams success as well, I would recommend helping Axxium in getting in going.

All the best.