Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Graphical IP Blocker

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Graphical IP Blocker

Quote Originally Posted by whitemagicwoman View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It seems to work better with Pidgin than Mobloquer does (which was my only problem with that worthy program).
    Both apps work the same way. The only difference is the default blocklist setup and port whitelistings. So by configuring these things you get the same results with both applications.
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

Have just installed ipblock.

It comes with 5 lists, when i click update do these update as well from bluetack?

Also how can i add more lists. I have read bluetacks are the best but they are out of date. Can anyone tell me please where i can get compatible lists from and how to install and the readme file no longer exists that is talked about on page 1.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
    Last edited by fredted40x; December 6th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I reinstalled Ubuntu 10.04 (didn't like 10.10) and followed the directions in the first post to reinstall iplist. With my previous installation, I could enable IPblock when incoming, outgoing, and forwarded were unchecked under the network tab. Now the program won't enable unless incoming is checked. If I try to enable the program with incoming unchecked, I get the message, "error: can't get status of iplist". Any ideas on what needs to be done so I can enable IPblock when the incoming box is unchecked? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is a great and powerful tool. I am a noob and it took me 15 hours to load this. I dont even know how, but a key was involved. This is way too hard for most. I have no clue what I did. but if anyone needs some help bashing their way through this, just let me know and I will try to help you.

Beans

I'm new to IPBlock, and I would be incredibly appreciative if someone could explain or take screen shots of the configuration I should have to make sure I have it correct. I don't often do anything other than surf the internet, chat, and download torrents through qbitorrent.

I want to understand how IPBlock works, but I am not 100% sure I do, even with reading through this thread.

Thanks!

-Iui

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks again, worked perfectly out of the box.

they're watching us..

here's my network tab: (shown updating)

settings tab:

lists tab:

These are the default settings, except perhaps the 'autostart' checkbox.
    note that it says "xxxxxxx IPs blocked" at the top of each screenshot.
    Last edited by jayshomebrew; December 27th, 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: added another pic

Beans

I just wanted to commend the OP as well on a really nice howto. I noticed it's been kept really up to date which is great too! Thanks uljanow!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have been using IPblock for the last couple of years to my full satisfaction.

However I do have an issue regarding the option "autostart". As I understand when I boot Ubuntu it should also automatically start up.

When I check the running processes at my Sessions Manager Ipblock is nowhere to be seen. How can I be a 100% sure IPblock is already running ?
    Last edited by Magic_Spehar; December 28th, 2010 at 02:24 PM.

Beans

When I set it to autostart in crunchbang linux which has a verbose boot I see it start the IPBlock daemon. Also if you look in the log for blocked traffic before you physically opened it, that would be a sure sign it's working as it should.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi trinitydan,

I checked my log and indeed, it was already blocking. Thx for the simple solution.

But it remains weird that the process "ipblock" is nowhere to be found in my sessions manager.

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast